These salmon burgers are so quick to make! Use tinned or leftover salmon and you'll have this amazing dinner on the table in 15 minutes.
I love love love quick meals like this. We made these on a Friday night a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe how easy they were to make.
Anything that gets dinner on the table in 15 minutes is a win for me, plus it's healthy and so so fresh.
How was everybody's weekends? We've had a lovely one. On Saturday we had some friends over for lunch which included a middle eastern feast.
We made my herby baked falafel, flatbreads, hummus, spicy aubergine, blackened cauliflower and probably a few other things that I've forgotten!
It was all super tasty and we had such a lovely day eating and drinking. We also played Scrabble which I won for possibly the first time ever.
Sunday we went over to my sister's house for my niece's first birthday party. It was very hectic but lots of fun and I love seeing my nieces and nephew plus all my other family members too of course!
Anyway, now I'm spending my Sunday evening watching bad TV and writing about these amazing salmon burgers which is pretty much the best way to spend a Sunday evening, don't you think?
So, let's chat about these burgers then. I cannot believe how good they are. They're so full of herby flavour and they are so perfectly simple.
Why we love this recipe...
- They're so insanely easy thanks to the fact that they use canned salmon (or leftover cooked salmon if you prefer) plus a handful of other ingredients
- They're served with a super simple but flavourful garlic yoghurt sauce
- If you prefer a different fish then you could use pretty much anything else you like which makes them great for using up any leftover fish
- These burgers are also healthy with just a few ingredients needed
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
- Tinned Salmon: You could use fresh if you prefer but the tinned stuff is great because you can always keep it on hand. Just make sure you get the skinless and boneless stuff.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: Use leftovers for this halloumi sandwich
- Dill & Parsley: If you prefer other herbs then feel free to mix it up! Use any extras in the dressing for this caprese pasta salad
- Lemon Juice
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe...
It's one of my favourite things about writing recipes and working on my blog that sometimes I'll make a recipe and Will and I will not be able to get over how good it is.
That's what it was like with these salmon burgers. They were something I'd had in my head for a little while and we finally got around to trying them one rare Friday night when we were both at home to eat dinner together.
Just 15 minutes after getting up to make dinner we were back on the sofa in front of the TV enjoying a healthy burger.
Now that is my dream Friday night.
How to make this recipe
- Mix the salmon, eggs, panko breadcrumbs, garlic, dill, parsley and lemon juice together.
- Shape the salmon mixture into four patties.
- Fry the salmon burgers over a high heat in a little oil until browned on both sides.
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe!
Make ahead and storage tips
You can prepare these burgers ahead of time by making the mix and shaping them then putting them on a plate and covering. Store them in the fridge until ready to cook.
What to do with leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to eat you can gently reheat in a frying pan for a few minutes until warmed through.
Can you freeze these burgers?
You can freeze them for up to 2 months. Wrap in cling film or put in an airtight container and store in the freezer. Defrost before using.
Are these burgers healthy?
They are pretty healthy. Salmon is full of healthy fats and vitamins and they're so light and fresh!
How long do these burgers cook?
What's great about these burgers is that they take just 15 minutes from start to finish. They cook in a hot pan for 5 minutes on each side just to get them browned and crispy since the salmon is already cooked through.
What to serve them with
I like to make sure these burgers are served with an amazing sauce like the garlic yoghurt in the recipe but they're also great served with a classic side like fries or even a salad.
Try these other 15 minute recipes!
- Chickpea & Spinach Curry
- Mushroom Tagliatelle
- Thai Prawn Curry
- Kimchi Fried Rice
- Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing
- Salmon Linguine
- Tomato & Garlic Confit Pasta
- Tuna Burgers with Smoked Paprika Mayo
15 Minute Salmon Burgers with Garlic Yoghurt
- 200 g Tinned Salmon skinless and boneless
- 2 Eggs
- 45 g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic crushed
- 10 g Dill chopped
- Small bunch Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Brioche Buns to serve
- Oil for frying
For the Garlic Yoghurt
- 200 g Greek Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic crushed (add more if you like it garlicky)
- Put the salmon, eggs, panko, garlic, dill and lemon juice in a large bowl and mix together. Shape into four patties.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil over a high heat and fry the salmon patties for 5 minutes on each side until browned and heated through. Serve in brioche buns with a smear of garlic yoghurt.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!