These easy vegan cold peanut noodles make the most delicious summer lunch or dinner. Serve topped with cucumber slices for a refreshing meal.
Summer tiiiiime ☀️
These cold noodles make such a good summer meal. The noodles are tossed in a peanut and soy dressing made from loads of my favourite ingredients along with some grated cucumber for added crunch and freshness.
We ate this on a super hot day and it was so quick to make that it was the perfect thing for when you want to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen.
It's literally just a case of cooking some noodles of your choice, whisking together the dressing and tossing everything together. 15 minutes or less until dinner is on the table!
Why we love these cold peanut noodles...
They're so quick and easy to make with the whole recipe coming together in less than 15 minutes and with just a few simple steps they're perfect for a hot summer day.
They're suitable for vegans.
They make great leftovers so you can make a batch and then serve the rest for lunch the next day.
You can add any vegetables you like to them to make them healthier. Pretty much anything you can think of would work but pepper, broccoli or spinach would be especially good.
You could also add meat or another protein to them to make them more filling or bulk the meal out a little.
Peanut Sesame Noodles Ingredients
Noodles: You can use any kind of noodle you like, I go for medium egg noodles normally.
Dressing: This is a combination of sesame oil, peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame seeds, honey, ginger, garlic, chilli flakes and sriracha.
Cucumber: Half of this is grated and stirred through the dressing with the noodles and the other half is sliced and served on top of the noodles for an extra bit of crunch.
Spring Onion: Sliced and served on top.
How to make cold noodles
Cook the noodles: Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to packet instructions then drain and toss in sesame oil.
Make the dressing: Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients then add the grated cucumber and half the spring onion and mix well.
Finish the noodles: Stir the noodles into the dressing then split between bowls and top with the rest of the cucumber and spring onion.
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
Want more? Try these other noodle recipes!
- Egg Fried Noodles with Pork
- Honey Soy Salmon with Noodles & Pickled Cucumber
- Mushroom Miso Soup with Soba Noodles
- Spicy Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- Leftover Turkey Soup with Noodles
- Peanut Salmon Noodles with Pak Choi
- Vegetable Curry Soup with Noodles
Cold Peanut Noodles with Cucumber
- 250 g Noodles
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 4 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Honey or maple syrup if vegan
- 2 tablespoon Ginger grated
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Cucumber ½ grated ½ sliced
- 1 Spring Onion chopped
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and run under cold water for a couple of minutes. Place in a bowl and toss with the sesame oil.
- In another bowl whisk together the peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame seeds, honey, ginger, garlic, chilli flakes and sriracha. Stir in the grated cucumber, half the spring onion and half the peanuts.
- Add the noodles to the sauce and toss thoroughly to coat. Split the noodles between serving bowls and top with sliced cucumber and spring onion.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!