This vegetarian breakfast casserole is so easy to make and is a delicious brunch recipe. This egg bake is packed full of mushrooms and potato and tastes amazing drizzled with a little truffle oil before serving.
Happy brunching! 😍
I love a good treat breakfast like this. This egg bake is such a good veggie brunch recipe which also keeps really well for weekday breakfasts.
I like mine served with a simple green salad on a lazy weekend lunchtime with a hearty drizzle of truffle oil over the egg. Although there are a few steps to this recipe you can prep quite a bit of it the night before so that it's easier to throw together in the morning.
There's also plenty of cheese in there because when isn't that a good idea?! The ricotta whisked through the egg helps to give a creamy lightness to the bake while the parmesan on top gives that salty kick.
Why we love this egg bake...
This is a simple recipe which just takes a couple of steps with elements which can be prepared ahead of time to make getting your brunch ready even easier.
It's a recipe which can be served to guests but also is great as a meal prep option to have as easy grab and go breakfast during the week.
This is a vegetarian recipe which is also gluten free so it works well for whoever you've got coming to brunch!
You can also really make this dish your own by adding any other veggies or even meat that you like.
Mushroom & Potato Egg Bake Ingredients
Potatoes: These are cut into wedges and roasted before adding the egg.
Onion and Garlic: These are roasted with the potatoes for maximum flavour.
Mushrooms: You can use a mixture of any of your favourites. I just used button and chestnut.
Eggs: Whisked until fluffy then added to the vegetables.
Chives and Ricotta: Added to the eggs before pouring into the baking dish.
Truffle Oil: I like to add a drizzle of this to the egg mixture and then serve with extra.
Parmesan or Vegetarian Hard Cheese: For that salty kick and that lovely brown topping.
How to make potato & mushroom brunch bake
Roast the veggies: Toss the potatoes, onions and garlic together in a baking dish with a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning. Roast for 30 minutes then add the mushroom and cook for another 20 minutes.
Whisk the eggs: Whisk the eggs until fluffy then stir through the ricotta, chives and a drizzle of truffle oil.
Finish the bake: Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and top with the parmesan. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the egg is set and the cheese has browned.
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
Want more? Try these other breakfast recipes!
- Smoked Salmon Toasts with Cucumber Ribbons
- Ham & Cheese Croissant Bake
- Breakfast Skillet with Spicy Beans
- Vegan Breakfast Tacos with Black Beans
- Chipotle Eggs and Potatoes with Kale
- Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
Potato & Mushroom Egg Bake
- 750 g Potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 Onions cut into wedges
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil
- 400 g Mushrooms
- 3 Eggs
- 30 g Chives
- 150 g Ricotta
- Truffle Oil
- 30 g Parmesan or Vegetarian Hard Cheese finely grated
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°C. Put the potato, onion and garlic cloves on a high sided baking sheet then drizzle with olive oil and season well. Toss then place in the oven for 30 minutes. Add the mushrooms to the tray and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy then add the chives, ricotta and a drizzle of truffle oil (be sparing!) and mix well. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and top with the parmesan the bake for 10 more minutes and serve with extra truffle oil for drizzling.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!