Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This one pot cheese and tomato pasta bake takes just 5 minutes of prep and is an easy dinner recipe perfect to serve up after a long day at work!
Is there anything more appealing than pasta when you’re in need of something easy and comforting. It’s pretty much my go to whenever I’m stuck for something to make.
This simple pasta bake is the thing I always come back to because it takes literally minutes to put together and tastes amazing.
Happy Friday team! I am so happy for the weekend to be here. My absolute least favourite thing about being an adult is living for the weekends.
Do you know what I’m saying? I don’t hate my job but I’d obviously rather be at home with Will and Bernie and eating/cooking/blogging.
I get seriously bad Sunday night blues so I pretty much live for the joy between Friday night and Sunday afternoon.
Having said all that I do love creating weeknight dinners that make my weeks far far more enjoyable. This cheese and tomato pasta bake is pretty much the ultimate in weeknight cooking. Plus aren’t pasta bakes pretty much a winner with the whole family? I mean come on people, it’s cheese and tomato sauce and pasta!
Not only does it take mostly store cupboard ingredients to make, it barely even requires any chopping. Now that’s my kind of weeknight dinner!
And don’t go worrying about pre-cooking the pasta, the dry pasta goes straight in with all the other ingredients and cooks in the oven with everything else.
Why we love this pasta bake recipe:
- It’s a great vegetarian comfort food dinner which uses classic flavours to make a delicious dinner
- It’s all made in one pot and the pasta doesn’t require cooking before adding it to the pasta bake which means that the whole thing is so super easy
- This recipe is a great base which you can add more vegetables of your choice to if you want to up the veg content or even some other protein if that’s what you fancy
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS ONE POT CHEESE & TOMATO PASTA BAKE
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Tomato Puree
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Red Wine – You can totally sub in vegetable stock if you don’t fancy using wine
- Rigatoni – Or use whatever other cut of pasta you like/have on hand
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Keep scrolling to get the recipe for this one pot cheese and tomato pasta bake…
Now, if you think three cheeses is excessive then you’re totally cool to cut it down to two if you’d prefer. But I really really don’t think you should.
I think we can all agree that the more cheese the better and I promise that the three in this pasta bake all play their special and unique roles to make it extra delicious.
The parmesan and gouda add loads of flavour in the first stages of cooking and then the mozzarella tops everything off and gets all browned and bubbly ready for those epic cheese pulls.
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT CHEESE & TOMATO PASTA BAKE (STEP BY STEP)
- Heat the oven and add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sun dried tomato, garlic, oregano, thyme, wine, rigatoni, parmesan and gouda to a baking dish. Mix, cover and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Take out the oven and top with mozzarella. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes until browned.
It really is that easy. Chuck everything in the oven and then pour yourself a glass of wine or watch an episode of something on Netflix or whatever else you feel like doing to relax and look forward to enjoying a steaming plate of pasta.
I like mine simply topped with some fresh basil leaves and maybe an extra grating of parmesan if I’m feeling like, well, more cheese.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £13.99Was: £14.95
- Price: £10.56Was: £16.00
Do you need to cook the pasta befor emaking this tomato pasta bake?
No! That’s my favourite thing about this pasta bake. It’s all made in one pot and you simply put everything in the baking dish, including the dry pasta, and place in the oven.
Can you freeze tomato pasta bake?
You could easily freeze any leftovers of this pasta bake by portioning it out and putting it in containers. Alternatively you could freeze the whole pasta bake for later. Leave it until it’s cooled completely then cover tightly and place in the freezer. When you’re ready to use it leave to defrost completely and then place in the oven covered for 10 minutes to heat through.
What to serve with tomato pasta bake?
This pasta bake is a whole meal in itself so I like to serve this pasta bake really simply with a light green salad and a sprinkling of parmesan.
WANT MORE? TRY OUT SOME OF THESE OTHER BAKED PASTA RECIPES!
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Easy One Pot Vegetarian Lasagne
- Vegetable Pasta Bake with Cheesy Topping
- Four Cheese Butternut Squash Lasagne with Spinach
- Italian Chicken Pasta Bake
- Asparagus & Pancetta Baked Pasta
One Pot Cheese and Tomato Pasta Bake
- 2 400g tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 5 Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 250 ml Red Wine
- 500 g Rigatoni
- 30 g Parmesan grated
- 30 g Gouda grated
- 150 g Mozzarella
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Put the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme, red wine, rigatoni and gouda in a large baking dish and mix together. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Take the pasta out the oven and tear over the mozzarella. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes until browned and crispy.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!