Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Serve this oven cooked salmon over a bed of noodles tossed with Lee Kum Kee Tomato and Garlic Sauce. Add a quick cucumber salad and have dinner ready in less than half an hour!
This post was sponsored by Lee Kum Kee. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
I LOVE this quick and simple recipe. It’s the perfect thing to make when you fancy a takeaway but know you should try and make something a bit healthier.
Plus it’s honestly ready in less time than it would take for your delivery to arrive so there’s really no excuse.
As much as I love cooking I definitely have the odd day when I nearly give in to the takeaway temptation. Some days, after a long day at work, I really just want dinner on the table. Like immediately.
That’s why I’ve teamed up with Lee Kum Kee to tell you all about their brand new range of stir fry sauces.
The stir-fry has long been a quick mid-week favourite and these little packets of joy can be paired perfectly with a variety of ingredients including: chicken, tofu, prawns and vegetables – giving you a tasty meal in minutes.
The stir-fry sauces include classic and regional Chinese flavour options like Black Bean Garlic and Kung Pao Chicken as well as flavoursome favourites Tomato & Garlic and Honey & Soy, providing an authentic taste of the East.
The sauces provide inspiration in a packet – giving you a quicker, healthier and more wallet-friendly option than ordering a takeaway.
Not only is Lee Kum Kee the most used sauce brand in Hong Kong households but it also has over 130 years’ experience in sauce making.
All Lee Kum Kee products are made to the highest quality, using only the best ingredients and with careful attention to detail at every stage of production.
The stir-fry sauces are available from September in Tesco, Asda and Ocado RRP 85p.
For this oven cooked salmon recipe I decided to try out the tomato & garlic sauce. I was so excited to throw together this dinner on a weeknight and be sitting down to eat in less than half an hour. Plus the whole meal is healthy and tastes incredible!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS OVEN COOKED SALMON WITH TOMATO & GARLIC SAUCE:
- Lee Kum Kee Tomato & Garlic Sauce
- Salmon Fillets
- Medium Egg Noodles
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- Spring Onions
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £3.50
- Price: £5.61
- Price: £5.19Was: £8.97
- Price: £4.95Was: £9.25
- Price: £6.24
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this oven cooked salmon…
THINGS TO LOVE ABOUT LEE KUM KEE STIR FRY SAUCES:
- They make classic Chinese flavours easy and accessible
- They make a much healthier alternative to a Chinese takeaway plus they’re cheaper and taste so much better!
- They’re convenient and great for people who aren’t confident cooks, this oven cooked salmon recipe is honestly so easy
- Lee Kum Kee is my favourite brand for authentic Chinese sauces and you are always guaranteed amazing quality
HOW TO MAKE OVEN COOKED SALMON WITH TOMATO AND GARLIC SAUCE
I started off by spreading the tops of the salmon fillets with half of the Lee Kum Kee tomato and garlic sauce and popping them on a lined baking sheet. They go in the oven for 20 minutes until perfectly flaky.
In the meantime cook your noodles according to packet instructions then drain and stir through the rest of the sauce.
HOW TO MAKE SESAME CUCUMBER SALAD
Give the cucumber a few whacks with a rolling pin then chop it and sprinkle with the salt. Sit for 10 minutes then pour out any liquid that’s been drawn out of the cucumbers. Whisk together the rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, sugar and soy sauce together and pour over the cucumber.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £6.99Was: £9.45
- Price: £4.00
- Price: £8.84Was: £9.95
- Price: £8.49
- Price: £15.75
HOW TO MAKE OVEN COOKED SALMON WITH TOMATO & GARLIC SAUCE (STEP BY STEP)
- Heat the oven and spread the tops of the salmon fillet with half the Lee Kum Kee tomato and garlic sauce. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Make the cucumber salad by chopping the cucumber and sprinkling with salt. Drain any released liquid then whisk together the rest of the ingredients and pour over the cucumber.
- Cook the noodles and toss with the remaining tomato and garlic sauce. Serve topped with the salmon.
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe…
Want more? Get all my other fish and seafood recipes before you go.
Keep scrolling to get the recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS OVEN COOKED SALMON WITH TOMATO AND GARLIC SAUCE?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Use the rest of the cucumber salad ingredients to pair with this mushroom bao
If you want another quick dinner try these easy noodles
Oven Cooked Salmon with Tomato Garlic Sauce
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 1 sachet Lee Kum Kee Tomato Garlic Sauce
- 2 nests Medium Egg Noodles
For the Cucumber Salad
- Sesame Seeds
- 2 Spring Onions chopped
- Coriander chopped
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Spread half the tomato garlic sauce over the tops of the salmon and place on a lined baking sheet. Put in the oven and baked for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking make the cucumber salad. Hit the cucumber a few times with a rolling pin then chop, place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Mix together the rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, sugar and soy sauce. When the cucumber has been sitting for about 10 minutes drain any liquid has been released then pour over the dressing.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain the noodles then pour over the rest of the tomato garlic sauce and toss. Split the noodles between two plates, top each with a salmon fillet, spring onion, coriander and sesame seeds with the cucumber salad on the side.