This peanut chicken is a quick weeknight recipe that tastes amazing. Serve over rice or noodles for an easy family dinner.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This peanut chicken is soooo tasty. There's something about adding peanut butter to savoury dishes which I just love. Even people who don't like peanut butter will like this dish I think.
The other great thing about this dish? It's insanely quick and easy. I had this on the table (ok, on my lap in front of the TV) within half an hour. Plus you can definitely add loads more veg and use up whatever you have around to make it a super healthy dinner.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS PEANUT CHICKEN:
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Chilli Paste
- Brown Sugar
- Coconut Milk
- Chicken Thighs
- Red Pepper
Keep scrolling to get the recipe for this peanut chicken...
I've been making a few more quick dinners this week. Since Will's already left for the States I'm trying to take the opportunity to spend the evenings putting together blog posts for the coming weeks so quick meals are a must.
Watch this space for them coming on the blog soon.
I'm hoping to be able to write a bit while I'm out there about all the food I'll be eating, I'm sure you're all as excited as I am...
Right, better go get a load of laundry on otherwise I'll have no clean clothes for holiday!
Want more? Get all my other chicken recipes before you go!
Keep scrolling to get the recipe...
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU'VE MADE THIS PEANUT CHICKEN?
- 130 grams Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Chilli Paste
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- piece Thumb sized of Ginger grated
- Bunch of fresh Coriander chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 400 g tin Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 500 g Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs diced
- 1 Red Pepper chopped
- Chopped Coriander to serve
- Mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, chilli paste, sugar, garlic, ginger, coriander, lime and coconut milk together in a large bowl. Leave to sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a large pan (I used a wok) and then add the chicken and seal all over. Add the pepper and fry until softened.
- Add the peanut sauce and heat through. Serve over your carb of choice with chopped coriander sprinkled on top.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
[amazon_link asins='B009WFO6FE,B077SRHSSJ,B00GMMA7LC,B00HEZ888K,B0081K740A' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='8f577dbd-7488-11e8-aa67-91f8666f5a0a']