Make this pork and courgette ramen recipe for a quick weeknight dinner. Now you can have ramen on the table in less than half an hour!
Ahh another courgette recipe. I really love courgettes in case you couldn't tell (if you do too try out all my other courgette recipes). To be fair to me the courgette isn't really the star of this recipe. There's also noodles and pork and spinach and other tasty things.
Pork mince seems to always be reduced in our local supermarket so we tend to have a surplus in the freezer at all times. I'm always trying to work out what we can do with it which has lead to some pretty tasty recipes.
Most recently it was this pork and courgette ramen.
I've never made a noodle soup like this before, Will has a weird thing about not eating soup for dinner (don't ask) so I guess I've always steered clear but I figured that a soup which is made up of mainly carbs and meat is filling enough that Will can just deal with it!
Fortunately, he agreed with me. I think it was helped by the fact the he really really loves noodles.
Ingredients you need to make this pork and courgette ramen:
- Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- Dried Ramen Noodles
- Sesame Oil
- Pork Mince
- Chicken Stock
- Soy Sauce
- Baby Spinach
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this pork and courgette ramen...
The best thing about this recipe is that it's just so quick to make but still bursting with flavour.
The addition of the miso and dried porcini mushrooms really amps up the umami flavour and gives you a warming, slightly spicy soup which will be the perfect autumn dinner!
Make sure you check out all my other soup recipes before you go!
Keep scrolling to get the recipe...
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS PORK AND COURGETTE RAMEN?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Pork and Courgette Ramen
- 20 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 4 Packets of Dried Ramen Noodles
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 400 g Pork Mince
- 3 tablespoon Miso
- 1.5 litres Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 Courgette grated
- Leaves Handful Baby Spinach
- Bunch Fresh Basil chopped
- Start by soaking the mushrooms in hot water, leave until ready to use. Cook the noodles for 3 minutes without the seasoning packet then drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the mince with some salt and pepper. Once it is cooked through add the miso and cook for another minute. Add the chicken stock, soy sauce and sriracha.
- Drain the mushrooms and, if needed, chop them. Cover and bring to the boil and then remove the lid and let cook for another 5 minutes uncovered.
- While the soup is cooking grate the courgette on the biggest holes and divide it between 4 bowls. Divide the noodles and spinach between the bowls as well and top with the hot soup. Top with some chopped basil and serve with sriracha and sesame oil.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
[amazon_link asins='B000KGCOB2,B077SRHSSJ,B0007VO0CQ,B00GMMA7LC' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='055cf3ce-627a-11e8-84c7-13461ff09cdc']