These prawn & chorizo polenta bowls are the perfect comfort food to take you from summer to autumn. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan for an indulgent meal.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
I have theeeeee thing to make the cold weather seem a tiny bit better. The idea for this recipe came from the whole shrimp and grits thing that you get in the American south.
Sadly, I never actually tried shrimp and grits when I was travelling around the south but it was something I always thought sounded so good.
I mean, what’s the deal with grits for one thing? Are they the same as polenta? It’s all very confusing.
What I do know is that this prawn & chorizo polenta bowl is a delicious autumn meal. You kick off with some chopped red onion frying until soft and then you need a load of garlic.
Then you chuck in your chorizo with the chilli flakes. This is where you get all the crazy, caramelised flavour going so let it cook slowly for a little while.
Chuck in cherry tomatoes and let them break down with a squeeze of tomato puree before adding your prawns and letting them cook through. Serve the whole lot on top of cheesy polenta and be in comfort food HEAVEN.
Ingredients you need to make prawn & chorizo polenta bowls:
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Tomato Puree
- Chilli Flakes
- Fine Polenta
- Chicken Stock
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for these prawn & chorizo polenta bowls…
Get all of my yummy polenta recipes!
Keep scrolling to get the recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE PRAWN & CHORIZO POLENTA BOWLS?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Prawn & Chorizo Polenta Bowls
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Red onion chopped
- 150 g Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes or more if you like it spicy
- 100 g Chorizo chopped
- 300 g Prawns deveined and peeled
- 400g Fine Polenta
- 1 litre Chicken stock
- 1 litre Milk
- 60g Parmesan grated
- 60g Butter
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the red onion to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until softened. Add the garlic, chorizo and chilli flakes to the pan followed by the tomatoes and the tomato puree.
- While the tomatoes are breaking down put the milk and chicken stock in a pan over a medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Once it's starting to simmer add the polenta and whisk quickly. Turn the heat down and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes have broken down stir through the prawns and cook until they're pink. Add the parmesan and butter to the polenta, stir through until melted then split between 4 bowls, top with the prawns and chorizo. Sprinkle a little extra parmesan on top if you fancy it.
Did you make this recipe?
Equipment you need to make this recipe…