You won't believe how quick and easy this pressure cooker curry is! It's perfect for an instant pot or any electric pressure cooker. Serve with rice for a healthy vegetarian dinner.
This pressure cooker curry is one of our favourite vegetarian recipes though, it's so great to be able to have a vegetarian dinner on the table in a matter of minutes!
So Will got me a pressure cooker for Christmas. We'd had a few conversations about them (since the whole Instant Pot thing took off) and he'd managed to convince me that I didn't need one.
Well, kind of, I obviously still wanted one but had resigned myself to the fact I wasn't going to be getting one.
Will claims that he actually wasn't going to buy me one. That is until I got really sick before Christmas.
I was stuck in bed for nearly a week and missed out on a lot of pre-Christmas fun which is pretty much the worst because I love the pre-Christmas time almost as much as the actual Christmas time.
Anyway, Will felt so sorry for me that he changed his mind about the pressure cooker and went out and got one. He is a very good boyfriend. And that's one good thing that came out of my being sick!
So he was actually thinking of buying me the Instant Pot but they were completely out of stock before Christmas so he ended up getting me the Pressure King Pro and so far we have loved it.
You can find my other pressure cooker recipes here (these are great Pressure King Pro recipes but will work with any pressure cooker or Instant Pot!).
Will especially has been obsessed with pressure cooking basically all our meals 😂
We've found it especially useful on nights we've been going out for a run, there's a delay function which means that we can set it to cook just before we know we'll be back from our run which is really handy and means we can have dinner minutes after getting home.
Anyway, this recipe will work with any pressure cooker so give it a go whether you've got the instant pot or something else!
Ingredients you need for this pressure cooker curry with potato & aubergine:
- Olive Oil
- Garam Masala
- Chilli Powder
- Tomato Puree
- Vegetable Stock
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this pressure cooker curry with potato & aubergine...
Curry is one of our favourite meals to make so I'm so glad we've found a way to make it so super quickly. This version has potato and aubergine (eggplant) but you could definitely add whatever vegetables you like.
I know some people are a bit weird about aubergine but I've got some really fab aubergine recipes on the blog so check them out if you want to make better friends with this shiny purple guy.
Oh, also, if you're doing veganuary or going vegetarian or any other healthy January things then this curry is PERFECT for you (pressure cooker vegetarian recipes for the win, right?!).
I've also used the pressure cooker to make a saag aloo which is similar to this curry but has potatoes cooked in a spinach based sauce instead and it's so good!
If you love making curries as much as we do then get all my curry recipes!
Want more? Try these other pressure cooker curries:
- Pressure Cooker Vegetable Curry
- Vegan Pressure Cooker Coconut Curry with Sweet Potato
- Creamy Cauliflower Curry in the Pressure Cooker
- Pressure Cooker Turkey and Potato Curry
Or try all my other pressure cooker recipes!
How to make pressure cooker curry with potato & aubergine:
Pressure Cooker Curry with Potato & Aubergine
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 2.5 cm piece Ginger grated
- 1 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp each Cumin, Coriander, Garam Masala, Turmeric, Chilli Powder
- 2 medium Aubergines cut into cubes
- 4-5 medium Potatoes about 500g cut into cubes
- 3 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 100 ml Vegetable Stock
- Fresh Coriander chopped, to serve
- Put your pressure cooker into saute or browning mode and add the oil. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the ginger, chilli and garlic and cook for another 3-5 minutes until everything has softened.
- Add the spices and cook until fragrant then stir in the aubergines, potatoes and tomatoes until everything is coated in the spices. Pour in the vegetable stock and tomato puree then put the lid on and seal.
- Cook for 3 minutes. I used the stew mode on our pressure cooker so use the equivalent on yours. Once it's finished cooking release the steam and serve with rice and chopped coriander.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…