These spicy noodles are tossed with a mixture of harissa, tahini and garlic in a hot wok with fresh broccoli for a super quick weeknight dinner.
These noodles are sure to make your weekly dinner rotation 😍
I think noodles might be the king of quick and easy dinner ingredients. I even went with ready to eat noodles for this recipe which made it even quicker.
Even if you're boiling your noodles before tossing all of the ingredients together you're still looking at a 15 minute dinner recipe which is a huge win in my opinion.
The sauce is a mixture of tahini, harissa, garlic and a couple of other tasty ingredients which blend together and create a nutty and spicy flavour throughout the whole dish.
Why we love this noodle recipe...
It's just such an easy dish with a handful of ingredients and a couple of steps involved before you're ready to eat.
It's also a really easy recipe to meal prep. You could mix the sauce ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until ready to use and you could also chop the broccoli ahead so that everything is pretty much done when you need to start cooking.
There are so many ways you could add to this recipe according to your preferences. Whether it's extra protein, veggies or toppings!
It's an ideal vegetarian meal which you can also make vegan by switching the honey for maple syrup.
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
Noodles: Go with your favourite type. I used ready cooked ramen which made it super quick but you can also boil noodles before preparing the rest of the meal.
Broccoli: The broccoli adds a great crunch to this recipe but you could add any vegetables you like.
Sauce: This is a mixture of harissa, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and honey.
How to make it
Fry the broccoli: Cut the broccoli into florets and fry in the sesame oil for 5 minutes while you prepare the sauce.
Make the sauce: Add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
Finish the dish: Add the cooked noodles to the wok with the broccoli and pour over the sauce. Toss until everything is coated in the sauce then serve with your choice of toppings.
There are so many ways you can change up a recipe like this - below are a few suggestions but let your imagination run wild!
Protein: Any meat would be a great addition to this, especially cooked chicken or beef. Fried tofu would also make a great addition.
Vegetables: Cauliflower, spinach or kale would work great in place of or as well as the broccoli.
Toppings: Meals like this are made infinitely better with toppings. A chilli crisp is amazing on top. A poached or fried egg would also be delicious!
Try these other noodle recipes!
- Cold Peanut Noodles with Cucumber
- Egg Fried Noodles with Pork
- Honey Soy Salmon with Noodles & Pickled Cucumber
- Mushroom Miso Soup with Soba Noodles
- Spicy Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- Easy Noodles in Ginger Broth
Spicy Noodles with Broccoli
- 2 servings Noodles I used ready cooked pouches or you could use nests of dried noodles
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 head of Broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon Harissa
- 3 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- ½ Lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 6 tablespoon Warm Water
- If needed, cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat, add the broccoli florets and cook for 5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Mix the harissa, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, honey and water together in a bowl.
- Add the noodles and sauce to the pan with the broccoli. Toss together until everything is coated in the sauce. Serve sprinkled with sesame and nigella seeds and hot sauce if desired.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!