These protein-packed veggie quinoa bowls will keep you full for hours. Look no further for a super healthy vegetarian dinner!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Oh man how am I doing yet another healthy quinoa related recipe? I just don’t know who I am anymore.
I blame it all on Will. He’s always suggesting that we have quinoa, it’s weird and strange but I guess at least I’m getting super healthy now right? I mean, minus all the cheese I eat.
Seriously though, despite all the cheesy, meaty things I post on here I actually do quite like healthy food and we eat a whole lot of vegetables. I like to think that the amount of vegetables I eat makes up for the fact I eat pretty much zero fruit.
Apparently we’re now supposed to be eating 10 portions of fruit and vegetables a day. 10 PORTIONS. How is that physically possible? I really don’t think I eat enough in a day to be able to eat that many.
Anyway, these veggie quinoa bowls will get you on your way to eating a few of your required vegetables.
One of my favourite things about these bowls is how flavourful the quinoa is, it’s so full of garlic and chickpeas, two of my most favourite ingredients.
Then it all gets so tasty with pine nuts stirred through and loads of tasty veggie toppings like julienned carrot, grilled courgette, thinly sliced radishes and a good squeeze of lemon.
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE VEGGIE QUINOA BOWLS WITH CHICKPEAS & PINE NUTS?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Veggie Quinoa Bowls with Chickpeas and Pine Nuts
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Leeks chopped
- 1 400g tin Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 Carrots peeled and juilenned
- 2 Courgettes thinly sliced lengthways
- 200 g Quinoa
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 700 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Fresh Mint chopped
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts toasted
- 1/2 Lemon in wedges
- 3 Radishes thinly sliced
- Place the quinoa and vegetable stock in a saucepan and simmer over a low heat until all the stock has been absorbed by the quinoa.
- While the quinoa is cooking heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and fry until softened. Add the chickpeas and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Stir the chickpea mixture into the quinoa along with the mint and pine nuts and keep warm. Heat a griddle over a high heat and cook the courgette for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through to make sure you get nice char marks.
- Build your bowls by placing a helping of quinoa in each bowl and topping with some carrot, courgette, radish and a lemon wedge.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk