One Pot Cheese and Tomato Pasta Bake
This one pot cheese and tomato pasta bake takes just 5 minutes of prep and is an easy dinner recipe perfect to serve up after a long day at work!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 400g tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 5 Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 250 ml Red Wine
- 500 g Rigatoni
- 30 g Parmesan grated
- 30 g Gouda grated
- 150 g Mozzarella
Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Put the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme, red wine, rigatoni and gouda in a large baking dish and mix together. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
Take the pasta out the oven and tear over the mozzarella. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes until browned and crispy.
Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.
- We used three different cheese in this pasta bake to make it extra rich and indulgent but you could reduce that to one or two or use different ones if you prefer
- If you want to add more vegetables or protein to this pasta bake then you can easily stir through some cooked chicken or any vegetables you have on hand, spinach or kale would work really well, before putting in the oven
- Use whatever cut of pasta you like, I just love rigatoni for pasta bakes but pasta shells or fusilli would also work
- If you'd prefer to cut down on cooking time you can pre-cook the pasta then simply follow the instructions as written but bake for 20-30 minutes instead, adding the mozzarella 15 minutes before the end of cooking
- Gluten Free: To make this recipe gluten free simply use your favourite brand of gluten free pasta and adjust cooking times accordingly
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 594mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 292mg | Iron: 3.2mg