This lime & mint roast chicken sandwich recipe is a delicious weekend treat! Serve drizzled with garlic butter and topped with peppery rocket leaves.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Sometimes you just need a good sandwich. You know? Is it normal that sandwiches are one of my favourite foods? I guess kind of like how pizza is also one of my favourite food.
Because they’re both so versatile, you can have anything you fancy on there and you still get lots of tasty bread which makes any meal a win in my opinion.
This recipe is great because it involves freshly roasted chicken and garlic butter. We did a whole chicken for this and had leftovers but really you could use the marinade for any bits of chicken and just chop or shred it to make the sandwiches.
The nice thing about using a whole chicken is that it stays super moist. We’ve got really into spatchcocking whole chickens recently which is not only fun to say but also means that our chickens cook way quicker which is fab.
Ingredients you need to make this lime & mint roast chicken sandwich with garlic butter:
- Olive Oil
- Rocket (Arugula)
The recipe for this is pretty simple and just involves marinating the chicken for a little while before cooking.
Once you’ve got the chicken ready the sandwiches come together so easily. Just whip up a little garlic butter to drizzle over the baguette and top with a handful of rocket (arugula).
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS LIME & MINT ROAST CHICKEN WITH GARLIC BUTTER?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Lime & Mint Roast Chicken Sandwich with Garlic Butter
- 1 medium Chicken approx 1.5kg
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Handful of Mint Leaves finely chopped
- 100 ml Olive Oil
- 1 large Baguette
- 75 g Butter
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- Handful of Rocket (arugula)
- Start by spatchcocking the chicken, you can find a guide on how to do it here. If you don't want to spatchcock the chicken then you can just cook the chicken whole and adjust the cooking times accordingly. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Rub the chicken all over with the lime juice, mint leaves and olive oil and leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes (depending on size of the chicken). Remove from the oven and use a meat thermometer to make sure it's cooked through.
- While the chicken rests melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the garlic clove, stir and remove from the heat. Break the baguette in half and split open. Brush the inside of the baguette with garlic butter and top with some rocket. Shred some of the chicken and stuff the baguette halves. Serve.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- H&S® Manual Lemon Squeezer - Heavy Duty - Juice Extractor Single Press Hand Lime Citrus Fruit JuicerPrice: £9.99Was: £29.99
- Price: £8.99Was: £9.95
- Price: £7.75