This halloumi breakfast bowl is a super easy and healthy way to start your day! Hummus is topped with crispy fried halloumi, a fresh and crunchy salad and a runny boiled egg.
This breakfast is such a dream 😍
I love how fresh and summery these bowls are. Even though we’re still desperately waiting for anything resembling warm weather to arrive in London I still feel like I can enjoy this kind of healthy breakfast.
The halloumi is salty and crispy, the salad is so fresh and flavourful (and the leftovers are perfect with basically anything) and the hummus is so creamy. The whole thing just works.
I like to serve this with any kind of bread although you could definitely eat it without any carbs if you’re so inclined. Flatbreads, pitta or just regular toast all work perfectly.
Why we love this halloumi breakfast bowl…
It’s such a fresh and healthy breakfast recipe that’s the perfect thing to start your day.
This recipe is so easy to make and you can even meal prep the salad and then just fry up your halloumi and boil your eggs in the morning before assembling your bowls.
It’s a great vegetarian breakfast idea which will even please meat eaters thanks to the salty halloumi.
You can make this recipe your own by adding anything your like! Not going to lie, we may have served this with some bacon we had in the fridge and it worked so well so go crazy.
Halloumi and Salad Breakfast Bowl Ingredients
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
Eggs: I like these boiled with a runny yolk but you could also use poached if you prefer.
Salad: This is made from a mixture of mint leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and lemon juice all tossed together. You can make this the night before and store in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble.
Halloumi: This is fried until browned and crispy.
Hummus: I used store bought but you could totally go homemade if you’re feeling extra.
Bread: I love this with flatbreads or just a crusty loaf but you could totally eat it by itself if you prefer.
Nigella Seeds: I love finishing this with nigella seeds, they give such great flavour!
How to make halloumi and hummus breakfast bowls
Boil the eggs: Heat a pan of water and boil your eggs to your liking. While the eggs boil you can make the salad.
Fry the halloumi: Heat a drizzle of olive oil and fry the halloumi slices until browned on both sides.
Assemble the breakfast bowls: Split the hummus between the bowls and top with salad, halloumi, halved boiled eggs and sprinkle over the nigella seeds.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Want more? Try these other halloumi recipes!
- Breakfast Muffin with Halloumi & Avocado Salsa
- Halloumi & Potato Cake with Fried Eggs
- Smoky Aubergine & Halloumi Bowls
- Roast Vegetable Salad with Halloumi
- Halloumi Pasta with Tahini Dressing
- Grilled Halloumi Skewers with Satay Sauce
- Sesame Crusted Fried Halloumi
Halloumi Breakfast Bowl with Salad
- 2 Eggs
- 4 sprigs Mint leaves picked
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 Cucumber chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 225 g Halloumi sliced
- 150 g Hummus
- Flatbreads and Nigella Seeds to serve
- Start by boiling the eggs to your liking in a pan of boiling water. I like mine soft boiled for this recipe. Once done place in a cold water until cool enough to handle.
- While the eggs boil toss together the tomato, cucumber, red onion, lemon juice and mint leave. Season well and drizzle with a little olive oil then set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan then fry the halloumi on both sides until browned.
- Now it's time to assemble your bowls. Split the hummus between the bowls and spread over the base. Add a scoop of salad and some of the halloumi. Peel the eggs then cut in half and add to the bowls. Sprinkle over the nigella seeds if using and serve with bread of your choice.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!