This healthy and tasty breakfast muffin is made with fried halloumi, a bright and fresh avocado salsa and all topped with a runny fried egg. These make the perfect breakfast any day of the week!
Start your day in the best way ☀️
I love these breakfast muffins, they're so fresh and tasty. They're also really easy to make and you can even meal prep the salsa the night before so that everything comes together super quickly in the morning.
You could definitely make this breakfast as a Christmas Eve morning treat or on Boxing Day as a bit of a light relief after all the heavy eating the day before.
But really this breakfast is perfect all year round.
Why we love this breakfast muffin...
This is a great vegetarian breakfast recipe which is full of flavour thanks to the bright and fresh salsa and that crispy salty halloumi.
You can make this recipe your own by adding extra veggies, bacon or anything else you can think of!
It's such a simple recipe which you can meal prep parts of ahead of time so that you can have a quick and easy breakfast or brunch.
Halloumi Muffin Ingredients
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
English Muffins: I love using English muffins in this recipe but you could also use sourdough toast, bagels or something else of your choice.
Eggs: Perfectly fried with runny yolks. You could also poach them if you prefer.
Avocado Salsa: This is a mixture of chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes, hot sauce, lime juice and chopped coriander leaves.
Halloumi: This is fried until browned and crisp.
How to make halloumi egg muffins with avocado salsa
Make the salsa: Toss together the cherry tomatoes, chilli sauce, lime juice, coriander and avocado. Season well and set aside until ready to use.
Fry the halloumi: Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan and fry the halloumi slices until browned on both sides. While the halloumi is frying toast the muffins.
Finish the muffins: Split the halloumi slices between the muffin halves and top with the salsa. Fry the eggs to your liking and place on top of the salsa.
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
Want more? Try these other breakfast recipes!
- Halloumi & Potato Cake with Fried Eggs
- Potato & Mushroom Egg Bake
- Smoked Salmon Toasts with Cucumber Ribbons
- Ham & Cheese Croissant Bake
- Breakfast Skillet with Spicy Beans
- Silken Tofu Scramble
Breakfast Muffin with Halloumi & Avocado Salsa
- 2 English Muffins
- 2-4 Eggs depending on hunger levels
- 150 g Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 2 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1 Lime juiced
- Small bunch Coriander leaves chopped
- ½ Avocado chopped
- 200 g Halloumi sliced
- Olive Oil for frying
- Make the salsa by tossing together the quartered cherry tomatoes, chilli sauce, juice of the lime, coriander and avocado. Season with plenty of salt to taste.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the halloumi and fry until browned on both sides. While the halloumi fries toast the muffins to your liking.
- Put the muffins on two plates and top with the halloumi followed by the salsa. Turn down the heat under your pan slightly and add another drizzle of olive oil. Crack in your eggs and fry until cooked to your liking then transfer to your muffins.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!