This healthy breakfast recipe of smoked salmon toasts is made up of crunchy toast, fresh smoked salmon, cucumber ribbons and creme fraiche. Finish with a runny boiled egg for a delicious brunch!
Just check out this plate of healthy gorgeousness!
I love having smoked salmon for breakfast. It feels like the perfect indulgent thing to add to a morning and reminds me of birthday and Christmas breakfasts.
But sometimes you need a fancy breakfast on an average weekend. Especially at the moment when things are so strange. We've really been leaning into making extra special meals, buying food and drink that we usually save for treats and just trying to celebrate the everyday to keep our spirits up while we're stuck at home.
These toasts are actually so easy to make even though they look so beautiful and tasty. You basically just throw a load of ingredients on a piece of crunch toast, boil an egg and serve it up. The dream!
Why we love these smoked salmon toasts...
It's such an easy breakfast recipe which is still impressive enough to serve to guests thanks to that delicious smoked salmon and cucumber ribbons.
This is a healthy recipe which is packed full of goodness from the cucumber and salmon so you could even serve this on a weekday morning when you feel like a treat!
You can make this recipe your own by adding and switching out ingredients as you like or have on hand.
If you want to make this recipe vegetarian you could switch out the smoked salmon for halloumi or extra veggies as you like to.
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Toasts Ingredients
Cucumber: This is peeled into thin ribbons and arranged on the toasts.
Dill: Because you can't have smoked salmon without dill (unless you hate it in which case leave is out)!
Eggs: These are boiled to your liking and served on top of the salmon.
Creme Fraiche: For that extra freshness.
Toast: Just use whatever bread you like best but crunchy toast works really well here.
Olive Oil & Salt: For serving.
How to Make Salmon Brunch Toasts
Boil the eggs: Bring a pan of water to the boil then add the eggs and boil to your liking. Once done move to a bowl of ice water until cool enough to handle and peel.
Build the toasts: Top the toasts with a drizzle of olive oil followed by smoked salmon, dill, half a boiled egg and creme fraiche.
Finish: Top with salt flakes before serving.
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
Want more? Try these other breakfast recipes!
- Ham & Cheese Croissant Bake
- Breakfast Skillet with Spicy Beans
- Vegan Breakfast Tacos with Black Beans
- Chipotle Eggs and Potatoes with Kale
- Breakfast Sandwich with Prosciutto & Watercress
- Easy Veggie Frittata
Smoked Salmon Toasts with Cucumber Ribbons
- ½ Cucumber peeled into ribbons
- 6 sprigs Dill
- 100 g Smoked Salmon
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tablespoon Crème Fraiche
- 4 slices Toast to serve
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- Salt and Pepper to serve
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil. Boil the eggs to your liking then place in a bowl of ice water until cool enough to handle then peel and cut in half. Use a peeler to peel the cucumber into ribbons.
- Place 2 slices of toast on each plate. Drizzle with olive oil then top with slices of smoked salmon, cucumber ribbons, dill sprigs, half a boiled egg and a dollop of crème fraiche. Finish with some freshly ground black pepper and sea salt flakes.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!