This roasted cauliflower steak recipe is topped with a mixture of taleggio and cheddar cheese then baked until melty and delicious. These cauliflower steaks make the perfect vegetarian main.
There is no better way to make cauliflower irresistible.
I am obsessed with this recipe. It’s kind of like a fancied up cauliflower cheese inspired by the cauliflower steak trend which turns this pretty boring vegetable into a dinner party main course.
I’ve resisted trying this fake steak idea for as long as possible because the whole idea of pretending vegetables are meat kind of bugs me. Of course when I eventually try it the only way it’s happening is topped with plenty of cheese.
These cauliflower steaks are first roasted on their own then topped with a combination of cheeses and creme fraiche and baked again until the cheese is super melty and browned.
Why we love this cauliflower steak recipe…
This recipe is so easy to make and most of the cook time is hand off which means you can get on with something else while you’re waiting to eat.
It’s also filling enough to be a main course but would also work well as part of a bigger spread and even as part of your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners!
You can make this recipe your own by using different cheeses, there are so many different options.
It’s also vegetarian and a great low carb recipe.
Cheesy Cauliflower Steaks Ingredients
Cauliflower: Sliced into thick steaks
Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper: This is all you need to start roasting your steaks
Taleggio and Cheddar Cheese: These are the two cheeses I went with to get that amazing meltiness and great flavour but you can cheese another cheese if you prefer
Creme Fraiche: This is added to the cauliflower to get extra gooey and tasty
Pine Nuts: Sprinkled over the cauliflower to serve
Thyme Sprigs: For garnish
Products from Amazon.co.uk
How to make cheesy roasted cauliflower steaks
Cut the cauliflower: Remove the leaves from the cauliflower then slice into thick steaks. Drizzle with olive oil on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
Add the cheese: Top with the taleggio followed by the creme fraiche then finish with the cheddar and return to the oven until the cheese is melty and browned.
Serve: Sprinkle with pine nuts and thyme sprigs to serve.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £3.99
- Price: £11.59Was: £19.00
- Price: Check on Amazon
Want more? Try these other cauliflower recipes!
- Cauliflower Lentil Curry with Spinach
- Cauliflower Fritters with Tahini Yoghurt Dip
- Creamy Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- Cauliflower Salad with Hummus
- Veggie Wrap with Curry Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Zingy Dressing
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- Cauliflower Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
Cheesy Cauliflower Steak with Pine Nuts
- 1 Cauliflower
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 125 g Taleggio Cheese sliced
- 4 tbsp Crème Fraiche
- 75 g Cheddar grated
- 3 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 6 Thyme Sprigs to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower then slice into steaks. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the slices over then top with the taleggio, crème fraiche then top with the cheddar and place back in the over for another 8 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with pine nuts and thyme sprigs.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!