This healthy roasted cauliflower salad recipe is loaded with flavour from the olives, hummus and watercress. It’s great served warm or cold and it’s suitable for vegans.
This salad is everything you need in your life 🤗
Looks how much goodness is on that plate!
There’s cauliflower tossed in za’atar and roasted until it’s charred and crunchy round the edges. There’s silky smooth hummus and peppery watercress. There’s super sweet roasted red onion and salty green olives.
This salad is one that ticks all the boxes and it’s so so delicious. I would highly recommend eating it for dinner with some crusty bread if you like or as a light and tasty lunch.
Who knew vegetables could be SO delicious?
Why we love this cauliflower salad:
- It’s vegan with loads of healthy ingredients including cauliflower, watercress and pomegranate which make it such a great lunch or dinner option
- It’s a great one for meal prep because it lasts so well in the fridge and can be eaten hot or cold
- This salad is naturally gluten free and dairy free so it’s great for people with dietary restriction
- It’s got the perfect balance of sweet and salty from the pomegranate seeds and olives
- If you want to prep this salad ahead of time you can definitely roast the cauliflower at the weekend and then throw together the salad when you’re ready to eat
Cauliflower Salad with Hummus Ingredients:
- Cauliflower: Cut into florets and roasted until charred and delicious
- Red Onion: Roasted until soft and sweet
- Za’atar: This beautiful spice mix adds so much flavour to the cauliflower
- Watercress: For that peppery flavour, you could also use rocket if you prefer
- Green Olives: For that salty hit
- Hummus: I use store bought in this recipe because it makes it so easy to throw together on a weeknight but you could use homemade if you prefer
- Pomegranate Seeds: Sprinkled over for a little sweetness before serving
How to make cauliflower salad:
- Roast the cauliflower: Heat the oven and chop the cauliflower and onion. Toss with the olive oil and za’atar then roast for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients: Toss the cauliflower and onion with the rocket and olives.
- Finish the salad: Spread hummus on plates and top with the cauliflower. Sprinkle over pomegranate seeds.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Expert tips for making cauliflower salad:
- You can add whatever vegetables you like to this salad with the cauliflower. If you’d like to bulk it out then sweet potato would work, if you don’t have watercress then rocket will also tastes good
- You can buy za’atar at most supermarkets but if you can’t get hold of it then you could use a mixture of dried thyme and oregano which are often in za’atar
- I found this salad filling enough on its own but you could add a carb to this salad if you like, some cooked lentils or rice would work well
What to serve with cauliflower salad?
This salad works well as a main course one its own or with a hunk of crusty bread but if you want to serve it as a side to something it would go great with this mushroom burger, this halloumi bake or even this spicy tofu sandwich.
Want more? Try these other cauliflower recipes!
- Cauliflower Steaks with Carrot Miso Puree
- Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Greek Yoghurt Slaw
- Buffalo Cauliflower Naan Wrap
- Veggie Wrap with Curry Roasted Cauliflower
- Thai Style Cauliflower Walnut Lettuce Wraps
- 15 Minute Creamy Cauliflower Curry
Cauliflower Salad with Hummus
- 2 heads of Cauliflower broken into florets
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 2 tsp Za'atar
- 200 g Watercress
- 150 g Green Olives
- 200 g Hummus
- Pomegranate Seeds to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Toss the cauliflower, red onion, za'atar and olive oil together on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes.
- Spread the hummus on a serving platter or on individual bowls. Add the watercress and olives to the tray with the cauliflower and toss together then place on top of the hummus. Serve sprinkled with pomegranate seeds.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!