This roasted cauliflower pasta is full of bright, fresh flavour from the olives, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. A sprinkle of feta and pine nuts helps to bring it all together!
Two days and two cauliflower recipes!
Yesterday I posted a whole roasted cauliflower and today we’re back for round two with a roasted cauliflower pasta. What is even going on?
I have to tell you a secret. Growing up I didn’t even like cauliflower. It probably fell into my bottom three vegetables, even cauliflower cheese was hard for me to stomach. And that’s with cheese, one of my favourite things in the world!
Even up until recently I could take or leave cauliflower but all of a sudden over the past year or so I’ve started to get more and more on board with it.
I think it all started with my creamy cauliflower curry which took one of my all time favourite curries and made it vegetarian. Ever since then I’ve been trying more and more cauliflower recipes and loving them.
So what have we got going on in the rest of this roasted cauliflower pasta salad then?
We’ve got some tang from the olives, sun dried tomatoes and a lemon and vinegar dressing. We’ve got some saltiness from a sprinkling of crumbled feta (whip up leftovers and smear over these beetroot burgers). Add in some crunch from a handful of pine nuts and a peppery hit of rocket and you’ve got the most delicious healthy dinner.
This recipe is great for meal prep because it lasts so well in the fridge. I had it for lunch several days in a row and it was so good everyday.
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- Pasta: Use whatever cut you like but I’d recommend a shorter one for this, fusilli is really good
- Cauliflower: This is chopped into florets and simply roasted before adding to the pasta
- Extras: I went for olives, sun dried tomatoes (use extras in this one pot pasta bake), feta, pine nuts and rocket which was the perfect combination of salty, tangy and peppery
- Dressing: I kept it simple with olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon juice, parsley and red wine vinegar
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta Instructions:
- Roast the cauliflower: Heat the oven, toss the cauliflower with olive oil and salt and pepper and put it in the oven for 30 minutes
- Toss the pasta with the rest of the ingredients: Cook the pasta according to packet instructions then toss with the rocket, olives, sun dried tomatoes, feta, pine nuts and roasted cauliflower
- Dress: Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the pasta, toss then serve.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Is this pasta healthy?
This pasta is a light and healthy pasta dish with a vinaigrette made from lemon juice and red wine vinegar. I bulked out this dish with cauliflower, olives, rocket and sun dried tomatoes which are all healthy and fresh ingredients which taste amazing!
Which pasta to use?
I used fusilli for this recipe but pretty much any short cut would work so just go for your favourite.
Want more? Try these other vegetarian pasta recipes!
- Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Pasta
- Tomato Pasta with Goat’s Cheese
- 5 Ingredient Vegan Vodka Pasta
- Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- Blue Cheese Pasta with Walnuts
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Thyme
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Zingy Dressing
- 400 g Pasta
- 1 Cauliflower cut into florets
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 75 g Green Olives
- 5 Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 100 g Feta crumbled
- 100 g Rocket
- 30 g Pine Nuts toasted
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Toss the cauliflower with a tablespoon of olive oil and some salt and pepper on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, place in a large bowl with the rocket, olives, sun dried tomatoes, feta, pine nuts and roasted cauliflower.
- Whisk together the rest of the olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon juice, parsley and red wine vinegar and pour over the pasta, toss and serve.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!