Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
These roasted beetroot burgers are filling, healthy and perfect for your autumn dinner. Smear with a big dollop of whipped feta and serve in a toasted brioche bun.
Is there anything more stunning than beetroot? It’s just one of those amazing things that you can’t quite believe it just grows like that with that incredible colour.
I’ve decide beetroot is something I don’t use nearly enough so this autumn I’m going all out on the beetroot.
So I made a beetroot salad a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty life changing. Before that I hadn’t really cooked with much beetroot and I quickly discovered that it’s totally worth the dramatically stained hands.
And yes I know I could wear gloves but if you know me at all then you know I would never bother with that kind of nonsense.
Anyways, after making that salad I became a little obsessed with making more beetroot recipes because it seems like the most excellent vegetable to use now that all the yummy summer ones are going out of season fast.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE BEETROOT BURGERS WITH WHIPPED FETA:
- Beetroot – I used three large, peel and chop, wear gloves if you don’t want pink hands for a few days
- Bulgur Wheat – Cooked according to packet instructions
- Breadcrumbs – I used panko because they’re my fave and also all I ever have on hand
- Oil – Olive oil is my preference
- Lemon Juice
- Chilli Flakes
- Burger Buns – Brioche preferably because is there anything else?
- Rocket Leaves – Or another green leaf of your choice
- Fresh Herbs – I use dill and parsley but grab whatever you like
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for these beetroot burgers…
THINGS TO LOVE ABOUT THESE BEETROOT BURGERS WITH WHIPPED FETA
So. many. things.
First off, the beetroot gets all roasty in the oven which helps bring out that amazing sweetness before you’ve even started making the burgers.
Then there’s obviously the superfood-ness of the beetroot but I added in some bulgur wheat in there too to get that burger texture and make them even more filling which is always good in my book.
After that you’ve got a topping of the most incredible herby whipped feta which is honestly so good. So good that I ate half of it with crackers while I was waiting for the burgers to cook.
These burgers are also great for leftovers. I loved them for lunch the next day and they lasted really well even fully assembled and wrapped in foil in the fridge.
I even found these burgers so filling that I was happy to go without a side but you could definitely make some fries to go with the burgers.
Even better, serve any extra whipped feta on the side for dipping. You won’t regret it.
HOW TO MAKE BEETROOT BURGERS WITH WHIPPED FETA (STEP BY STEP):
- Heat the oven and roast the beetroot with oil and salt and pepper until tender.
- Place the beetroot in a food processor and pulse a few times then place in a large mixing bowl with the bulgur wheat, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, oil, lemon juice and chilli flakes.
- Shape into patties and place in the oven for half an hour.
- Make the whipped feta by putting the yoghurt and feta in a blender with the herbs and pepper and blend until smooth. Serve the burgers topped with the feta and rocket in a brioche bun.
Oh just look at that colour. I just cannot get enough of that pink burger with the slightly green whipped feta and the extra vibrant green rocket.
It’s so dreamy.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £15.75
- Price: £6.99Was: £9.45
- Price: £8.84Was: £9.95
- Price: £53.00Was: £69.99
- Price: £17.45
Want more? Get all my other vegetarian recipes before you go!
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe.
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE BEETROOT BURGERS WITH WHIPPED FETA?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Any extra beetroot can be used up in this simple one pot pasta recipe
Bulgur wheat works great in these simple Turkish patties
Beetroot Burgers with Whipped Feta
- 3 large Beetroot peeled and chopped
- 185 g Cooked Bulgur Wheat
- 1 Egg
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Chilli Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Burger buns
- Rocket Leaves to serve
For the Whipped Feta
- 150 g Feta
- 70 g Yoghurt
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Spread the beetroot on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes.
- Once the beetroot has finished cooking leave to cool for a couple of minutes then place in a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped but still a little chunky. Put the beetroot in a large bowl and add the bulgur wheat, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, oil, lemon juice, chilli flakes and salt and pepper. Mix until completely combined.
- Shape the mixture into four patties and place on a lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the burgers are cooking make the whipped feta. Put the yoghurt and feta in a blender and mix until smooth, add the herbs and pepper and blend again until smooth. Serve the burgers in brioche buns topped with the whipped feta and rocket leaves.