These lentil and bulgur wheat patties are a healthy Turkish recipe . Great as a snack or as a vegetarian dinner served with salad and pitta bread.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
We try and eat vegetarian a few times a week. Mainly because it’s cheaper than buying meat all the time but also because it’s often healthier and helps sneak in a few extra vegetables.
The lentil and bulgur wheat patties are a great way of serving a vegetarian meal bursting with flavour that’s great for your health too!
Ingredients you need to make these Turkish lentil & bulgur wheat patties:
- Red Lentils
- Bulgur Wheat
- Chilli Paste
- Olive Oil
- Red Peppers
- Red Onion
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for these Turkish lentil & bulgur wheat patties…
They have a tasty hit of chilli paste and a lovely cumin flavour which makes them the perfect thing to serve for a healthy dinner.
These would be also be great for a snack, you could easily keep the leftovers in the fridge for a lunchtime snack over a few days and fry them up when you need them!
We served these up for dinner with a few handfuls of rocket, homemade hummus, chilli sauce, pitta and a big bowl of salad. It was such a summery, healthy meal. You need to give it a go!
This whole recipe just screams summer to me. Lentils and bulgur wheat are two of my favourite ingredients and they’re so healthy but also filling, something that I’m always looking for in my summery dinners.
If you want more vegetarian dinner recipes then find them all here!
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE TURKISH LENTIL AND BULGUR WHEAT PATTIES?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Turkish Lentil and Bulgur Wheat Patties
- 175 g Red Lentils
- 225 g Bulgur Wheat
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Chilli Paste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 100 g Rocket (Arugula)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil for frying
- 1/4 Cucumber chopped
- 1 Red Pepper chopped
- 3 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion chopped
- Small bunch Fresh Parsley chopped
- Small bunch Fresh Mint chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Put the lentils in a saucepan with 250ml water and bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the bulgur wheat, chilli paste, cumin, olive oil, a big pinch of salt and 120ml (1/2 cup) of boiling water. Mix together then let sit for 15 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Allow to cool for a few minutes then add to the lentil mixture and stir together.
- In the pan you used for the onions heat another drizzle of oil. Make small patties out of the mixture. Fry for 3-5 minutes on each side adding more oil as necessary.
- For the salad, mix together all of the ingredients . Serve the patties with the rocket, salad and pittas. They're great with hummus and chilli sauce too!
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: £13.25Was: £21.00