This roasted beetroot one-pot pasta is finished with a spoonful of goat’s cheese. It’s so easy and looks amazing, this dish is perfect comfort food!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
So this roasted beetroot one-pot pasta came about entirely by accident.
I had every intention of making a beetroot and goat’s cheese risotto. We’d got all the ingredients ready and one weeknight when I was in on my own I thought it would be the perfect comfort food dish to make for my dinner for one.
I’d started the risotto, the beetroot was in the oven and the onion and garlic was sizzling on the hob and I was on the brink of putting my rice in the pot.
I reached up to the cupboard to grab the risotto rice and shock, horror, we were out of risotto rice! Will had managed to forget to tell me that our food order had come without the rice.
I was stumped. What could I do? I had the beetroot roasting and the onions cooking. I couldn’t waste those ingredients so I needed to think of something quickly.
Then I thought, how about essentially making the risotto but instead of adding rice using spaghetti. It sounded like it might work or it might be a horrible sloppy mess. I figured I’d go for it and I ended up with this amazing, vibrant and delicious dish!
Ingredients you need to make this roasted beetroot one-pot pasta:
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- White Wine
- Vegetable Stock
- Goat’s Cheese
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this roasted beetroot one-pot pasta…
I added a glug of white wine, spaghetti and stock and let everything bubble away for 10 minutes until the spaghetti was cooked.
Then I just added in the roasted beetroot, goat’s cheese and served it all with a sprinkling of parmesan. YUM.
When Will arrived home he had a helping and loved it, honestly he’s still bringing it up weeks later. It really is that good!
Don’t miss all my other vegetarian recipes!
Keep scrolling to get the recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS ONCE YOU’VE MADE THIS ROASTED BEETROOT ONE-POT PASTA?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Roasted Beetroot One-Pot Pasta with Goat's Cheese
- 5 Beetroot Heads peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- Glug White Wine
- 400 g Spaghetti
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Goat's Cheese
- 75 g Parmesan grated
- Start by prepping your beetroot. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put the beetroot in a roasting tin with half the olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Mix everything together and put in the oven. Roast for 45 minutes to an hour (check with a knife to see if they're done, the beetroot should be very soft).
- Shortly before the beetroot is ready heat the second tablespoon of olive oil and the butter over a medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the onion, cook until soft. Add the garlic, cook for two more minutes then add the wine and increase the temperature.
- Let it bubble away until the wine has evaporated then add the spaghetti. Pour in the vegetable stock and make sure the spaghetti gets completely covered by the stock. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, put a lid on the pot and cook for 8-10 minutes until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Take the beetroot out of the oven and lightly mash with a fork or potato masher so that you have some mashed and some whole pieces. Add that to the pasta along with the goat's cheese and parmesan. Stir everything through and serve with extra parmesan.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £11.59Was: £19.00
- Price: £11.19Was: £13.94
- Price: Check on Amazon