This roasted butternut squash is coated with za'atar before going in the oven then served over creamy goat's cheese polenta and topped with a herby tahini sauce.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
How's everyone's weeks going? I am so excited for it to be the long Easter weekend. Four whole days of eating and drinking and hanging out with my Willy.
Work has been pretty rubbish recently and I'm dying for a break. I also really need some time to get some hardcore work done on the blog. I've been really struggling to get work done in the evenings. I have all these ideas and projects I want to make a start on but I just can't seem to find the time. It's super annoying.
Have you tried za'atar? It's herby and aromatic and just super delicious. Sprinkling it over cubes of butternut squash before cooking is probably the best way to use it. Or at least top five.
This is probably the last time we'll be using butternut squash for a while since it's now getting to be light, fresh vegetable season. I can't wait.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH ZA'ATAR AND POLENTA:
- Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Stock
- Goat's Cheese
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this butternut squash and polenta...
So once the butternut squash is all lovely and roasted and caramelised it goes on top of super creamy polenta which has goat's cheese melted through it.
Finally you drizzle some of this insanely tasty herby tahini sauce which is tangy and creamy and just all good things.
Want more? Don't miss out on all my other vegetarian recipes!
Keep scrolling to get the recipe...
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU'VE MADE THESE ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH ZA'ATAR, GOAT'S CHEESE POLENTA & HERBY TAHINI SAUCE?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Za'atar, Goat's Cheese Polenta & Herby Tahini Sauce
For the Butternut Squash
- 1 small or ½ large Butternut Squash peeled, seeds removed and chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Za'atar
For the Goat's Cheese Polenta
- 1 litre/2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 litre/2 cups Milk
- 400 g/1 cup Fine Polenta
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 75 g/2.5 ounces Goat's Cheese
Herby Tahini Sauce
- 75 g/2.5 ounces Tahini
- 80 ml/1/3 cups Water
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 Lime juice
- 2 sprigs Thyme leaves picked
- Medium bunch Coriander (cilantro)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix the butternut squash with the oil and za'atar in a large bowl. Spread out onto a baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven. Cook for 45 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking make the polenta. Bring the stock and milk to the boil in a large saucepan. Pour in the polenta and whisk until smooth. Cook for 10 minutes then add the butter and goat's cheese. Stir through and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Make the herby tahini sauce by putting all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve the polenta topped with a serving of squash and a drizzle of tahini sauce.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!