This tomato pasta has a creamy tomato and roasted pepper sauce with plenty of melted goat’s cheese for a comforting and impressive vegetarian dinner.
This is my exact dream dinner. It’s easy, tasty and looks like it takes way more effort than it actually does. It would be perfect for a Valentine’s Day dinner too, just sayin’.
Pasta recipes are always my go to for easy dinners. There’s so many different ways to serve it and it can be ready in minutes which is honestly my number one requirement most weeknights.
What’s even better is when a pasta dish is both quick and impressive enough for a date night or dinner party dish. That’s exactly what you’ve got with this tomato pasta with goat’s cheese.
The first time I made this I couldn’t believe how good it tasted when it had taken so little effort to throw together. It was a random Tuesday, Will had a friend over so I made the three of us dinner and it made me so happy to be able to serve up something that tasted this good after a long day at work.
I love a good tomato sauce for pasta but I wanted to add another flavour so I blended up some jarred roasted red peppers into the sauce along with a big bunch of basil and it just came out so incredibly flavourful.
Once the pasta is cooked and the sauce is blended up then I just chucked everything back into the saucepan with plenty of goat’s cheese and stirred until melted.
Oh and don’t forget the cherry tomatoes I roasted up with plenty of salt and pepper while the pasta was cooking. They just start to collapse and burst and then I stirred them through the pasta just before serving and they honestly add so much to the dish.
Tomato Pasta with Goat’s Cheese Ingredients:
- Pasta: Your choice of shape, I went with conchigle
- Sauce: This is a super simple tomato sauce made up of olive oil, garlic, chopped tomatoes, roasted red peppers and fresh basil. Use up leftover peppers in this roasted red pepper soup
- Cherry Tomatoes: These are roasted until soft and sweet which is my favourite way to use tomatoes in the winter when they’re normally pretty flavourless
- Goat’s Cheese: Even if you think you’re not a fan I swear you’ll like it in this dish, it just adds that slight tanginess to the sauce. If you want more ideas on how to use goat’s cheese try this baked aubergine recipe
Tomato Pasta Sauce with Goat’s Cheese Instructions:
- Heat the oven. Fry the garlic in a little olive oil then pour in the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Pour the tomatoes into a blender, add the peppers and basil and blend until smooth.
- Cook the pasta. Drizzle the cherry tomatoes with olive oil and season then plate in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce back into a saucepan over a medium heat, add the pasta then stir through the goat’s cheese. Add the roasted tomatoes and stir again before serving.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Goat’s Cheese Tomato Pasta Variations:
- Add protein: If you want to bulk out this meal even more then try adding some cooked chicken when you serve it or even some meatballs would work
- Use a different cheese: If you aren’t convinced by the goat’s cheese then try a different cheese, mascarpone would work really well
- Add some greens: Some fresh spinach leaves would be perfect stirred through before serving
Can tomato pasta sauce be frozen?
This tomato sauce would be a great one for freezing. Make up a batch of the tomatoes blended with roasted peppers and basil, leave to cool then freeze. When you’re ready to use just defrost then put into a pan with pasta and continue with the rest of the recipe.
Can this pasta be eaten cold?
This recipe works really well for leftover eaten hot or cold the next day.
Expert tips for making this tomato pasta recipe:
- To meal prep this recipe you can complete step one of the recipe ahead of time and store the sauce in the fridge until ready to use
- If you want to bulk out this recipe then add extra vegetables, spinach or asparagus would be really good
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days
- If you want to reheat this pasta you can do so in the microwave
- To make this recipe gluten free use your favourite brand of gluten free pasta
Want more? Try these other vegetarian pasta recipes!
- Roasted Garlic Cashew Cream Pasta
- Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Mushroom Lasagne Skillet
- Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta with Goat’s Cheese
- Butter Garlic Noodles with Breadcrumbs
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Thyme
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Mushroom Stroganoff
- Aubergine Pasta Bake
Tomato Pasta with Goat's Cheese
- 400 g Pasta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Roasted Red Peppers from a jar
- 30 g Fresh Basil
- 250 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 60 g Goat's Cheese
- Heat the oven to 220°C/430°F. Heat half the oil over a medium heat and add the garlic, cook for about 30 seconds. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, stir together and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and pour the sauce into a blender and add the roasted peppers and basil, blend until smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain. Put the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and season then put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Put the sauce in a pot and heat over a medium heat. Add the pasta and stir to coat then add the tomatoes and goat's cheese.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!