Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This roasted red pepper soup is rich and comforting thanks to the coconut milk and smoked paprika. It’s a delicious winter warmer that’s suitable for vegans.
I am obsessed with this soup. It’s so warming and smoky, it’s possibly one of my favourite recipes of the year…just sneaking in a couple of days before the end of 2018!
Guys, it’s been a minute since Christmas so let’s just catch up. We had a lovely time over at my sister’s place with my parents and my nieces and brother in law. It was half super chill and half insanely hectic thanks to my niece’s massive over excitement.
We got some brilliant presents including lots of food related bits and bobs and some new camera equipment which I’m excited to try!
I hope you had a lovely relaxing time and are now ready for some amazing healthy recipes like this soup. I am so excited for everything we’ve got coming in 2019, it’s going to be a delicious year.
Are you team smooth or chunky when it comes to soup? I can take a bit of both to be honest. Something like this spicy chipotle cheddar sweet potato soup really lends itself to a super smooth texture but when you’ve got something like this roasted red pepper soup it’s perfect for keeping all that texture.
I love the bite of the beans with the roasted peppers and that super rich and flavourful broth. It makes you feel like you’re eating something pretty filling and comforting especially when served with a big crusty loaf of bread.
I also love using coconut milk in the broth. It makes it so creamy while still keeping the whole thing light and dairy free so everyone can enjoy it.
Roasted Red Pepper Soup Ingredients:
All you need to make this soup is a few healthy ingredients:
- Roasted Red Peppers: You could totally make your own but I like to use jarred and think they taste just as good
- Cherry Tomatoes: The cooking helps to bring our their naturally sweetness
- Spices: Smoked paprika, chilli flakes and cayenne help to make this broth so rich and warming
- Coconut Milk: Helps to create a super creamy and comforting soup
- White Beans: I used a mixture of cannellini beans and butter beans but use whatever bean you like best
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Roasted Red Pepper Soup Instructions:
This red pepper soup is so easy to make:
- Fry the tomatoes and spices: Heat the olive oil and fry the onion then the garlic, cherry tomatoes, smoked paprika, cayenne and chilli flakes. Season.
- Simmer: Add the peppers, coconut milk and stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes then add the beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve: With crusty bread and topped with nigella seeds.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £8.99Was: £9.95
- Price: £10.49Was: £14.00
Roasted Red Pepper Soup Variations:
- Try adding more veggies: You could easily add more vegetables to this recipe and make it even healthier! Sweet potato or kale would be delicious
- Spice it up: Ramp up the chilli flakes if you want to get even more of a kick
- Add some protein: If you can’t go without the meat then this would work well with some cooked chicken stirred through or even a little chorizo
Is red pepper soup healthy?
This soup is really healthy. It’s also suitable for vegans and it’s gluten free so pretty much everyone can enjoy it!
How to serve red pepper soup?
This soup is perfectly filling as it is, really all you need is a loaf of crusty bread to soak up all that incredible broth, it really does taste amazing!
Can you freeze red pepper soup?
This soup freezes well, simply pack up in containers and pop in the freeze for quick and easy dinners.
Want more? Try these other comforting soup recipes!
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Spicy Soup with Beans & Rice
- Red Thai Curry Chickpea Noodle Soup
- Vegetable Soup with Vegetarian Dumplings
- Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Hearty Chicken Vegetable Soup with Pasta and Beans
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP WITH WHITE BEANS?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Use up leftover roasted red peppers in this super easy pasta
Those smoky spices work perfectly in this warming stew
Roasted Red Pepper Stew with White Beans
- 2 jarred Roasted Red Peppers roughly chopped
- 250 g Cherry Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 400g tin Coconut Milk
- 150 ml Vegetable Stock
- 3 400g tins White Beans drained and rinsed
- Salt and Pepper
- Nigella Seeds to serve
- Bread to serve
- Coriander to serve
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat and add the onion, fry for 5 minutes then add the garlic, cherry tomatoes, smoked paprika, cayenne and chilli flakes and cook for another couple of minutes. Season well.
- Add the roasted peppers, coconut milk and vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the beans and cook for another 5 minutes. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve with crusty bread and sprinkled with nigella seeds.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!