This Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper One Pot Pasta comes together in 20 minutes and is full of comforting cream cheese and the smoky flavour of roasted red peppers.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Ah cheese, the king of my heart, the reason I get up in the morning (ok, not quite). Is there anything better than a cheesy dinner to make you feel better when you’re having a hard day?
It tastes great with Mexican food like this cheesy Mexican rice and vegetable tortilla stew, on top of baked meatball sandwiches and of course in veggie loaded gnocchi bakes. This cheesy roasted red pepper one pot pasta is one of my faves though.
Ahh one pot pastas. What an excellent invention. As much as I love cooking there are some evenings when I just feel like I have so much to do and not enough time to do it.
It’s those evenings when I need something for dinner which takes less than half an hour to come together. Obviously it still needs to be delicious and if it’s blog worthy then even better!
Ingredients you need to make this roasted red pepper one pot pasta:
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Mixed Herbs
- Chilli Flakes
- Cream Cheese
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this cheesy roasted red pepper one pot pasta…
You need roasted peppers for this recipe. I roasted some before I made this which does add a bit of time to the recipe but you could easily use jarred ones.
Throw them in a pot with the pasta, some onion, garlic, chicken stock and chopped tomatoes and let it simmer away for 12 minutes.
Stir in some cream cheese and a little double cream and you’ll have a gorgeous creamy cheesy sauce. Make sure you top the whole thing with lots of black pepper (and I mean lots) and plenty of chopped fresh basil. Heaven!
How to make cheesy roasted red pepper one pot pasta:
- Get all your ingredients chopped and ready then pop the pasta, chicken stock (switch to vegetable to make it vegetarian!), garlic, onion, roasted peppers, tomatoes, herbs and chilli flakes in a heavy based pot and bring to the boil.
- Once the pasta is cooked just stir through the cream cheese and cream and once it’s all melted and gooey then serve with plenty of black pepper and basil.
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT LEFTOVER FROM MAKING THIS CHEESY ROASTED RED PEPPER ONE POT PASTA?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper One Pot Pasta
- 500 g Pasta
- 1 litre of Chicken Stock
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Jar Roasted Red Peppers chopped
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Dried Italian Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 200 g Cream Cheese
- 50 ml Double Cream (optional)
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves sliced
- Place the pasta, chicken stock, garlic, onion, roasted pepper, tomatoes, mixed herbs and chilli flakes in a large pot over a medium heat. Stir everything together and make sure the pasta is covered by the liquid.
- Cover the pot and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the pasta is cooked to your liking then take the pot off the heat and stir through the cream cheese and double cream if using.
- Season with black pepper and top with fresh basil to serve.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…