These healthy cauliflower fritters are fried until crispy and served in pitta breads with a creamy tahini yoghurt dip. They make a great vegetarian lunch or dinner!
Cauliflower fritters for the win 🙌
These cauliflower fritters are such a lunch and dinner game changer.
They’re perfect for meal prep and you can make a big batch in one go and store them in the fridge for quick lunches during the week.
We served these with homemade pitta bread, salad and that creamy tahini yoghurt sauce and it made an amazing summer dinner which made delicious leftovers the next day too.
They would also be delicious as part of a bigger spread for a party or even in a mezze or snack situation. The opportunities are endless!
Why we love these cauliflower fritters
They’re a tasty vegetarian fritter which is great for a snack or as part of a main meal
You can add whatever spices and herbs you like to the fritter mix if you feel like changing up the flavours
They’re super easy to make and great for storing in the fridge for grab and go lunches
Cauliflower Fritters Ingredients
Cauliflower: Cut into florets and then cooked until super soft
Fresh Coriander: Or another fresh herbs of your choice
Red Onion: Finely chopped
Spices: I went for cumin and turmeric
Oil: For frying
Greek Yoghurt: Preferably full fat
Tahini: For super creamy nuttiness
Honey: For a touch of sweetness, or you could use maple syrup
How to make cauliflower fritters?
- Cook the cauliflower and make the sauce: Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the cauliflower until super soft. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients.
- Make the batter for the fritters: Mix the flour, coriander, egg, garlic, onion, cumin and turmeric together in a bowl then add the cauliflower and gently mash together
- Cook the fritters: Heat the oil until really hot then add scoops of the batter and flatten gently with a fish slice then cook for 5 minutes on each side
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Expert tips for making these cauliflower fritters
To make these fritters gluten free use your favourite gluten free flour
Don’t overcrowd the pan when frying the fritters. You can cook about 4 fritters in a normal sized frying pan at a time
If you prefer other flavours you could switch the cumin and turmeric for other spices like smoked paprika or chilli powder
Want more? Try these other vegetarian recipes!
- Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese with Mushrooms
- Kale Fennel Salad
- Healthy Potato Salad with Greek Yoghurt
- Whole Roasted Pesto Cauliflower
- Halloumi Pasta with Tahini Dressing
Cauliflower Fritters with Tahini Yoghurt Dip
- 1 Cauliflower cut into florets
- 120 g Plain Flour
- 15 g Coriander chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 300 g Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and season with salt. Add the cauliflower and cook for 15 minutes until very soft.
- Mix the flour, coriander, garlic, onion, eggs, cumin and turmeric with plenty of salt and pepper. Drain the cauliflower and add to the batter, stir and mash the cauliflower with a wooden spoon.
- Heat the oil over a high heat and add scoops of the cauliflower mixture to the oil 2 tablespoons at a time. Use a fish slice to flatten the fritters into the oil, cook for 3-4 minutes then flip and do the same on the other side. You may need to do this in batches.
- Serve the fritters with the yoghurt sauce.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!