This halloumi pasta recipe is a great summer dish. With roasted tomatoes, pine nuts and a creamy tahini dressing it’s great served hot or cold.
I cannot believe it’s taken me this long to combine halloumi and pasta.
I mean they’re literally two of the best foods in the world and I eat them both at least once a week but until now I didn’t realise how perfect they’d be in the same dish.
And now this dish, or a version of it, will be appearing on my menu on the regular from now on. I’d initially planned to make a vegan version of this pasta but then I had a block of halloumi cheese in the fridge and I couldn’t resist adding it to the dish.
I’ll definitely be revisiting the initial vegan plan (and you could definitely leave the halloumi out of this recipe if you want to) but for now that combination of pasta, halloumi, sweet roasty tomatoes and creamy tahini dressing is just so dreamy.
Why we love this halloumi pasta:
- This pasta needs just a handful of ingredients which are all bursting with flavour and taste so good when combined
- It’s vegetarian and you can even make it vegan if you leave out the halloumi
- It has an amazing creamy tahini dressing which adds an incredible nutty flavour to the pasta
- It’s easily customisable and you could add any extra vegetables you like
Creamy Halloumi Pasta Ingredients:
- Pasta: I used fusilli but you could try any cut you like
- Cherry Tomatoes: Roasted with olive oil until collapsing and juicy
- Fresh Parsley: Finely chopped. Use basil if you prefer
- Pine Nuts
- Halloumi: Sliced and fried until browned on both sides
- Tahini Dressing: A delicious combination of olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard and maple syrup
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Halloumi Pasta Salad Instructions:
- Cook the pasta and tomatoes: Toss the tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes. Follow the packet instructions to cook the pasta then drain.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and thin with water if needed.
- Fry the halloumi: Fry the halloumi in a dry pan in batches until browned (get more tips for this in my how to cook halloumi post)
- Finish the pasta: Toss together the pasta, tomatoes, parsley, pine nuts, halloumi and dressing.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £18.74Was: £24.00
- Price: £14.05Was: £14.95
Expert tips for making halloumi pasta:
- This pasta recipe works great hot or cold so it’s perfect for weekday lunches
- It’s important not to overcrowd the pan when frying the halloumi otherwise it won’t brown so make sure to do it in batches
- I would highly recommend making extra dressing and keeping it in the fridge to have on salads or use as a dip, it’s super versatile and delicious
- To make this recipe gluten free simply use your favourite brand of gluten free pasta
Want more? Try these other halloumi recipes!
- Strawberry Salad with Grilled Halloumi
- Grilled Halloumi Skewers with Satay Sauce
- 20 Minute Halloumi and Potato Stir Fry
- Healthy Halloumi Bake with Aubergine
- Halloumi Piccata
- Halloumi Salad with Kale and Tahini Dressing
- Halloumi Curry with Cashew Nut Sauce and Broccoli
Halloumi Pasta with Tahini Dressing
- 300 g Pasta
- 250 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Bunch Parsley finely chopped
- 50 g Pine Nuts
- 200 g Halloumi sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Toss the tomatoes with the olive oil and salt and pepper in a roasting tin and roast for 15 minutes. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients, season well and add water as needed until you reach a pouring consistency. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Toss together the pasta, cherry tomatoes, parsley, halloumi and pine nuts. Drizzle over the dressing and toss again.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!