This halloumi salad is made up of a few simple ingredients including kale, cannellini beans and cucumber and it’s drizzled with a tahini yoghurt dressing for a light and healthy lunch or dinner.
Kale and halloumi are two of my favourite ingredients. Especially when I’m trying to eat a little healthier, they’re both filling, satisfying and full of flavour and texture.
This vegetarian salad was one of my warm weather creations from the past few weeks. Minimal cooking is involved, just frying the halloumi cheese, then everything else is tossed together and drizzled with dressing. Easy!
Why we love this halloumi salad:
- The combination of the salty halloumi with the hearty, crunchy kale, beans and fresh cucumber all work together to make a filling and satisfying salad that’s quick enough for a midweek meal
- This salad is vegetarian and full of healthy ingredients which makes it perfect for when you’re trying to eat a little lighter
- It’s also gluten free
- This salad, with the crispy fried halloumi, is also impressive enough for a dinner party side dish
Halloumi Salad Ingredients:
- Kale: I like to buy the whole leaves and remove the stems myself but you can also get pre-chopped. Use any leftover in this kale pasta recipe or added to this chicken casserole
- Cannellini Beans: Or you can switch to another white bean if you prefer
- Sunflower Seeds: Again, use what you have, pumpkin seeds would also be good
- Olive Oil
- Greek Yoghurt
- Curry Powder
- Salt and Pepper
Products from Amazon.co.uk
You can really mix up this salad and use whatever you have. I like cucumber for that fresh crunchiness but you could switch it for tomatoes or any other vegetable you like. Some red onion would add some nice tang.
The cannellini beans could easily be switched for any other bean or even chickpeas if you prefer. I also sprinkle sunflower seeds on top but any other seed would work just as well so use your favourite!
How to make halloumi salad:
- Make the dressing: Whisk together all the dressing ingredients and add a little water until it has reached the desired consistency.
- Prep the other ingredients: Fry or grill the halloumi over a medium heat until browned. Add all the other salad ingredients to a large bowl with the grilled halloumi.
- Finish the salad: Toss all the ingredients together then drizzle over the dressing.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £13.45Was: £14.99
- Price: £8.05Was: £9.75
So we’ve covered the salad and all your options in terms of ingredients but now let’s talk about that dressing.
Tahini is my new obsession in terms of salad dressings, it just adds the best nutty flavour and this version with Greek yoghurt has a little extra tang to it as well.
I made a maple tahini dressing for this sweet potato and quinoa salad as well which was just perfect with its nutty sweetness.
Is halloumi salad healthy?
This salad is really good for you. The kale, cucumber and beans all add so much goodness and help to keep you full for longer.
What goes with halloumi salad?
I like this salad served with some crusty bread if I want to make it a fuller meal but if you’re taking this for lunch it’s filling enough on its own.
The dressing is so simple to make, just whisk everything together, and you should almost definitely make double because you’ll want to use it on everything.
I added a little curry powder and cumin to mine and I love that curry flavour with all the other ingredients, the curry and halloumi cheese kind of reminds me of this cashew nut curry with halloumi which is one of my all time faves.
If you’re as in love with halloumi as I am then you need to head over to my complete guide to How to Cook Halloumi! It’s got tips on how to grill, bake and fry it as well as plenty of recipes to try out and even some fun little facts about everyone’s favourite cheese
Want more? Try these other halloumi recipes!
- Halloumi and Chorizo Breakfast Tray Bake
- Halloumi, Kale & White Bean Bake
- Lemon and Maple Glazed Halloumi Galette
- Spicy Halloumi Curry with Potato
- Pear and Sage Halloumi Saganaki
- Healthy Halloumi Bake with Aubergine
Halloumi Salad with Kale & Cannellini Beans
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 4 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Water as needed
For the Salad
- 200 g Halloumi sliced
- 1/2 Cucumber chopped
- 200 g Kale
- 1 400g tin Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
- Sunflower Seeds to serve
- Olive Oil to serve
- Make the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together and adding water, a little at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Fry the halloumi in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until browned on both sides. Add the kale, halloumi, beans and cucumber to a large bowl. Toss together all the ingredients then drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and add dressing.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!