This super simple kale pasta recipe with heaps of chilli and garlic is the perfect weeknight meal. Have this kale spaghetti dinner on the table in the time it takes to boil some pasta!
So obviously I love cooking. But sometimes I get home from work and all I want to do is sit down in the front of the TV with a bowl of comfort food.
That’s where some of my quick and easy recipes come in. Like these 15 minute soy peanut noodles or this honey chipotle chicken. Now I’ve got this pasta with kale, chilli and garlic to add to the list.
Happy Monday! Or more accurately, happy that Monday is nearly over! I’m all over quick and simple dinners on a Monday night as, I assume, we all are? This pasta is the perfect Monday night dinner and it only takes SIX ingredients.
And those are probably six of my favourite ingredients on the whole planet.
Pasta, obviously. For this I used tagliatelle but you could use any long pasta. It really works best with long pasta I think, you need that fork twirling action with this one.
Of course pasta is the best thing to have when you’ve just got home from work and you’re needing dinner fast.
Then we’ve got garlic. And you need a lot of garlic because that’s where all that insane flavour comes from. Cook it slowwwwwly in plenty of melty butter until it just starts to caramelise a little and the chilli is infusing into the butter.
Then add that vibrant kale to the pan and let it get a little crisped around the edges before tossing in your cooked pasta.
Now, at this point you’re gonna need to add in a lot of parmesan. If you’ve think you’ve added enough then go ahead and add a bit more.
Ingredients you need to make this kale spaghetti with chilli and garlic:
Once you’ve tossed the pasta in the chilli, garlic, butter, kale and parmesan then serve it up and just add, like, a boatload more parmesan for good measure.
Expert tips for making this kale pasta with chilli and garlic:
- Make sure you melt the butter really gently and keep the heat low while you cook the garlic. There is nothing worse than the bitterness of burnt garlic.
- Add the kale once the garlic and chilli are a little caramelised then toss them together and let the edges of the kale get a little crispy before you add the pasta and toss everything together.
- I like to serve this pasta with loads of parmesan. Of course.
Want more? Try these other kale recipes before you go!
- Chipotle Kale Taco Salad with Creamy Cashew Dressing
- Roasted Garlic Spaghetti with Kale & Ricotta
- Baked Ranch Kale Chips
- Kale Pesto Bowties with Roasted Butternut Squash
- Pesto Farro & Baby Kale Salad
- Cheesy Baked Gnocchi with Kale & Brussels Sprouts
- Smoky Bean Stew with Kale
- Chipotle Eggs and Potatoes with Kale
- Halloumi, Kale & White Bean Bake
Kale Pasta with Chilli and Garlic
- 75 g Butter
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Red Chilli deseeded and chopped
- 200 g Kale chopped
- 500 g Long Pasta
- Parmesan to serve
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. While the pasta is cooking melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and chilli and cook gently over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta. Add the kale to the frying pan and turn the heat up. Cook for a couple of minutes until it starts to crisp a little. Add the pasta to the pan and toss with the butter, garlic, chilli and kale. Add a good helping of parmesan and toss again. Serve in bowls topped with another good helping of parmesan.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…