These soy peanut noodles are ridiculously easy to make and are on the table in 15 minutes! Even better, you’ll probably already have most of the ingredients on hand.
We love noodle dishes! They’re normally quick to make and they use some of our favourite ingredients. They make a great side for a fun twist on a roast chicken dinner, the ideal base for salmon and of course ramen is one of the best foods EVER.
Now you can have peanut noodles on the table in 15 minutes, yes!!
Sometimes even we like to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. As much as I love cooking I often feel a little overwhelmed by the thought of all the blog related activities I still have to get done once I’ve finished cooking and eating dinner.
I don’t get home from work until about 7pm and once dinner is over and done with it can easily be 8.30 or even later. Enter these soy peanut noodles.
Not only are they super tasty and full of soy peanuty flavour, they’re also insanely easy!
This is one of those curl up in front of the tv dinners. Bowl food is good like that.
Even if you’re like me and insist on using chopsticks it’s still definitely worthy of eating on the sofa.
Why we love this soy peanut noodles recipe:
- It’s an easy vegetarian dinner recipe which makes it perfect for busy weeknights and for when you’re avoiding meat. You can also leave off the egg to make it vegan
- You only need seven ingredients to make this recipe and most of them are store cupboard staples so you can have these noodles anytime
- This whole recipe takes just 15 minutes from start to finish which is just amazing!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE 15 MINUTE SOY PEANUT NOODLES:
- Red Onion
- Soy Sauce
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegetable Oil
- Spring Onions
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for these 15 minute soy peanut noodles…
These noodles are totally customisable as well.
I kept things really simple, mainly because I hadn’t organised myself to get any extras, but you could add so much veg to these to make the dish super healthy.
I’m thinking spinach would be excellent in here or maybe broccoli? Peppers? So many options!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
How do you guys feel about noodles? Or more specifically, what type of noodle do you like best?
When I was younger we always used to have the really fine egg noodles and I love them, they seem way more satisfying to eat but Will really doesn’t like them so we normally get medium egg noodles instead although they really just remind me of spaghetti.
Otherwise Will is all about the udon noodle which I can totally get on board with now and again but it’s kind of an occasional thing, don’t you think?
For this I went with ramen noodles which I love and they just seem the most comforting of noodles.
Anyway, this recipe for soy peanut noodles will work with any type of noodle you fancy really. Use whatever you have and you’ll find that you can probably make this recipe without even having to buy anything, it’s that good!
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE SOY PEANUT NOODLES IN 15 MINUTES:
- Get a pan of water on for the noodles straight away so that you’re ready to boil them as soon as you need them.
- Chop everything up before you start including your toppings so that you can serve up while your noodles are still piping hot.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Want more? Try these other noodle recipes!
- Udon Noodle Stir Fry
- 15 Minute Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Sauce
- Stir Fry Noodles
- Spicy Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- Vegan Laksa
- Peanut Salmon Noodles with Pak Choi
Keep scrolling to get the recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU’VE MADE THESE 15 MINUTE SOY PEANUT NOODLES?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
15 Minute Soy Peanut Noodles
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 4 nests Noodles I used ramen noodles
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Lime
- Fried Eggs, Spring Onions and Lime Wedges to serve
- Mix together the soy sauce, peanut butter, 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and the juice of the lime. Put a pan of water on to cook the noodles.
- Heat the other tbsp of oil in a wok over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the wok and cook for 30 seconds before adding the cooked noodles and mixing everything together. Serve with sliced spring onion, lime wedges and a fried egg if desired.