This Asian roasted spatchcock chicken is a great way to mix up a roast dinner. I love mine served with a refreshing noodle salad.
Happy new year everyone!! It’s 2018 and it’s time for fresh starts and getting our lives in order after the super indulgence of Christmas.
Will’s birthday is on new years eve and for the past few years we’ve gone for breakfast and made plans for what we wanted to do in the coming year.
It’s one of my favourite traditions partly because anything with Will is my favourite and partly because I am one of those people that loves resolutions and goals and all that jazz.
2017 was a great year for me. I left a job where I was really unhappy and started working somewhere that I love with people who make going to work fun and that has had such a huge impact on my life.
This year’s goals are mostly about blogging. I’ve got lots of plans to grow the blog and to make loads of exciting recipes and extra stuff this year. I’m very excited.
We’ve also decided to go vegetarian during the week in January. So obviously today we got take out because the 1st of January is categorically not a real day. But from tomorrow we’re cutting out meat on weekdays.
That means that on the weekends we’re going to be making some fun and exciting meals to treat ourselves when we do have meat. This Asian roasted spatchcock chicken would definitely fall into that category.
Ingredients you need to make this Asian roasted spatchcock chicken with noodle salad:
- Whole Chicken
- Vegetable Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Soy Sauce
- White Miso
- Garlic Cloves
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Medium Egg Noodles
- Spring Onion
- Red Chilli
- Fresh Coriander/Cilantro
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for Asian roasted spatchcock chicken with noodle salad…
How to cook a spatchcock chicken:
If you’re not sure how to spatchcock a chicken then I used a tutorial here which I found really helpful. The chicken is rubbed with an amazing soy and miso glaze and it gets all sticky and so so so flavourful. Then you sear the spatchcocked chicken before putting in the oven.
Then the roasted chicken is served with a fresh and healthy noodle salad. Make this for a weekend dinner and serve it to your friends and family and they will love it!
Get loads more chicken recipes —-> here!
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS ASIAN ROASTED SPATCHCOCK CHICKEN WITH NOODLE SALAD?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Asian Roasted Spatchcock Chicken with Noodle Salad
For the Noodle Salad
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 thumb sized piece Ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Light Brown Sugar
- 200 g Medium Egg Noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 2 Spring Onions thinly sliced
- 1 Red Chilli deseeded and chopped
- Handful Fresh Coriander chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Rub the chicken with the oil and salt. Heat a griddle or skillet over a medium high heat and sear the chicken on both sides until the skin is browned and crisp.
- Mix together the mirin, maple syrup, soy sauce, white miso, ginger, garlic and lime juice. Place the seared chicken in a baking tray and pour over the glaze. Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour basting occasionally.
- Meanwhile make the noodle salad. Whisk together the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and light brown sugar. Toss the noodles with the dressing. Once the chicken is cooked through cut into quarters and serve along side the noodles with the chilli, spring onions and coriander sprinkled on top.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!