Chicken casserole is such good comfort food and with a pressure cooker or instant pot it can be ready in next to no time! It’s perfect served with pasta, mashed potatoes or anything else you fancy.
I’m pretty obsessed with kale.
I was definitely one of those people who thought kale was gross when it became the in healthy thing a few years ago.
Other than the kale you’ve got all kinds of deliciousness in here.
I love this recipe for many reasons. I have really precious memories of chicken casseroles throughout my childhood.
Going to visit my Nana as a kid would always involve a slow cooked chicken casserole with a rich gravy and mashed potato plus mushy vegetables which were always my favourite part.
Then my mum used to cook her own version minus the soggy vegetables (sob!) as a weekend winter dinner.
It’s one of those recipes which fills the whole house with incredible smells and makes coming home for dinner the best thing in the world.
This version of a chicken casserole is one for all year round. It’s not super heavy thanks to a light sauce and the kale, plus it’s made in the pressure cooker which means no standing over a bubbling pot in the summer.
Having said all that it’s still a really good comfort meal and, depending on what you serve it with, will work perfectly all year round.
I chose to serve mine with pasta because, as well all know, pasta works perfectly with everything.
Why we love this chicken casserole:
- It’s so easy because it’s made in the pressure cooker but you can also make it in the slow cooker or on the stove top
- It’s a lighter version of a traditional chicken casserole
- It works so well with so many different sides from pasta to mashed potato to rice
Pressure cooker chicken casserole ingredients:
- Sun Dried Tomatoes – Adding just a few sun dried tomatoes gives the most insanely rich flavour to the sauce
- Tomato Puree
- Red Wine
- Dried Oregano
- Chicken Thighs – I like to use skinless boneless, they always cook perfectly in the pressure cooker and come out with the best texture but you could use chicken breasts if you prefer. Use leftover in this pressure cooker creamy chicken pasta
- White Beans – I used cannellini
- Chicken Stock
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this pressure cooker chicken casserole…
So all you need to do to make this chicken casserole is heat your oil, fry the garlic and onion then add your other ingredients (apart from the kale and white beans) and cook under pressure for 20 minutes.
Once it’s finished then stir through the kale and white beans and cook on the saute setting for another 10 minutes until heated through.
It’s really that simple!
HOW TO MAKE PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN CASSEROLE (STEP BY STEP):
- Put the pressure cooker on saute setting and cook the onion in the oil. Add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, tomato puree, red wine, oregano, thyme, chicken stock and chicken. Cook under pressure for 20 minutes.
- Shred the chicken thighs, add the kale and white beans and cook on saute for 10 minutes. Serve with your favourite carb!
And that it! Who ever thought you could have chicken casserole on the table so quickly and easily.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: £11.19Was: £13.94
So I use a pressure king pro for this recipe and all my other pressure cooker recipes. Whatever pressure cooker you have you can easily make this recipe. If you have the same pressure cooker as me then make sure you grab all my favourite pressure king pro recipes before you go!
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CASSEROLE:
Alternatively you could try making this chicken casserole in the slow cooker, just chuck everything except the kale and white beans in and cook for 6-8 hours on medium. Remove the chicken and shred then return to the pot. Add the kale and white beans then cook on high for another half an hour.
Want more? Get all my other pressure cooker recipes before you go!
Try these other chicken recipes!
- One Pan Chicken and White Beans
- One Pot Pasta with Chicken, Spinach and Mushrooms
- Buttery Chicken Kiev with Mashed Potatoes
- Chipotle Chicken Salad with Quinoa
- Chicken Coconut Thai Curry
- Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken and Potatoes
Pressure Cooker Chicken Casserole with Kale & White Beans
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 4 Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 100 ml Red Wine
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tbsp Thyme
- 500 g Chicken Thighs boneless and skinless
- 200 ml Chicken Stock or enough to reach the minimum line on your pressure cooker
- 250 g Kale roughly chopped
- 1 400g tin White Beans drained and rinsed
- Put the pressure cooker on saute setting and add a little oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes then add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, tomato puree, red wine, oregano, thyme, chicken stock and chicken. Stir together and cook under pressure for 20 minutes.
- Shred the chicken thighs and stir into the sauce. Add the kale and white beans and cook on the saute settings for 10 minutes until wilted.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!