Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This sheet pan harissa chicken is so easy to make. With a hint of spice and a cooling garlic yoghurt on top this will make your mid-week dinner a breeze.
This is one of those insanely easy meals which tastes like it should have taken hours. Harissa is the perfect spice for this kind of cooking because it’s got so much depth of flavour and tastes super impressive without much work.
I’ve used harissa for a couple of recipes on the blog but, let’s be honest, not nearly enough. If you’re in the market for some more recipes to use this amazing spicy sauce then try out this harissa halloumi salad with couscous or these harissa falafel!
Things have been a little quiet around here recently. I’ve just got back from a week away with my family. It kicked off with celebrating my 27th birthday and then was a week of relaxing and hanging out with my parents, sisters and brothers-in-law and nieces and nephew.
It was a really lovely week and I’m really not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow! It’s going to be hard to get used to being back in the office and I need my evening meals to be super quick and easy again.
Tonight I’m making a vegetarian version of this one pot lasagne (which will be up on the blog soon!) and this week I’ll definitely be making this sheet pan harissa chicken again!
So let’s talk harissa for a second.
WHAT IS HARISSA?
Harissa is a spicy paste from North Africa and it’s used in all kinds of delicious dishes. I tend to use a store-bought version because you can get some really great ones quite easily. This is the harissa paste we tend to buy.
If you do want to have a go at making your own it’s not too difficult, there’s a great guide for how to make harissa paste over on Simply Delicious.
This whole meal only needs ten ingredients (including olive oil and salt & pepper!) for the chicken, potatoes and the yummy garlic yoghurt you need to drizzle on top.
That is my kind of weeknight cooking. It’s just so simple. If you wanted some green then you could easily add some broccoli or asparagus or whatever you fancied depending on the season to bulk it up a little bit and up the veg content.
If you picked wisely you could even add it to the same sheet pan!
For this I use bone in skin on chicken thighs because it helps to keep the chicken moist and they cook for the same amount of time as the potatoes which means there’s no need to add anything to the sheet pan during cooking.
You also get that incredible crispy chicken skin which is just unbeatable in my opinion.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SHEET PAN HARISSA CHICKEN:
- Harissa – Feel free to make your own or if you want to buy it then this is the brand we use
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Thighs – I go for bone in skin on to get moist chicken and crispy skin 😍
- Potatoes – Use whatever type is your favourite and try and chop them into equal chunks so that they cook evenly
- Red Onions
- Greek Yoghurt – I always go for full fat but if you prefer a lighter yoghurt then it will still work just as well
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this sheet pan harissa chicken…
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN HARISSA CHICKEN WITH POTATOES:
- Heat the oven and mix together the harissa, cumin, olive oil and salt and pepper then coat the chicken, potato and red onion with the mixture.
- Tip onto a sheet pan, spread into a single layer and bake for 40 minutes.
- Mix together the yoghurt, garlic and lemon and serve drizzled over the chicken.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £6.99Was: £9.45
- Price: £5.00Was: £7.99
- Price: £8.39
Get the full printable recipe below!
Want more? Make sure you get all my other chicken recipes before you go or try some of the below recipes:
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- One Pot Pasta with Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom
- Chicken Biryani
- Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Casserole with Kale & White Beans
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS ONCE YOU’VE MADE THIS SHEET PAN HARISSA CHICKEN RECIPE?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
This is the perfect recipe for using up leftover potatoes and is a filling and nutritious curry!
The chilli yoghurt in this recipe is a great way to use up leftover Greek yoghurt!
Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken and Potatoes
- Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F. In a large bowl mix together harissa, olive oil, cumin and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Add the potato, chicken and red onion and toss everything together until coated.
- Spread the chicken, potatoes and red onion out in a single layer on a baking tray. Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes. Serve with a slice of fresh lemon for squeezing and the garlic yoghurt.
To Make the Garlic Yoghurt
- Mix together the yoghurt, garlic and juice of half a lemon and season to taste.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!