This one pot lasagne is the absolute dream on busy weeknights! Make a classic lasagne meat sauce and nestle pasta sheets and mozzarella into it before baking to comfort food perfection.
Lasagne is one of my favourite foods. I mean, it’s one of everyone’s favourite foods right? It’s meaty and cheesy and tomatoey and so perfectly comforting.
I have a classic beef lasagne recipe which I make when I’ve got a couple of hours to linger over beef and white sauce before baking and I’ve even got one of my all time favourite vegetarian recipes in the shape of a four cheese butternut squash lasagne. And I even have a one pot vegetarian lasagne.
But this one pot lasagne is the one I turn to on nights when I need a classic that’s quick, filling and comforting.
I don’t make lasagne very often. Well, correction, I didn’t make lasagne very often before I started making this one pot lasagne.
I love it so much but it’s such a faff to make each individual element separately, making sure each one is perfect before layering them all up and then you still need to bake it until it’s oozy and gooey and crunchy on all corners.
On weeknights I need simple and quick but you also know that I love anything super cheesy and comforting.
Speaking of busy weeknights I’m fortunately missing out on that joy this week because I’m away with my family for some super super chill time.
We arrived on Friday and we’re staying until the end of the week and we’re staying near the beach in Norfolk and doing very little of anything which is exactly what I needed.
It was my birthday on Saturday so I celebrated with lunch out with my family, presents, prosecco and plenty of baby cuddles with my beautiful nieces and nephew. Although really I’m in denial about the actual getting older part 🙈
Anyway, my plan for 27 is to eat many delicious meals starting with this one pot lasagne.
Why we love this one pot lasagne:
- First off, it’s obvious, but it’s all made in one pot which is really the dream, especially on weeknights when I absolutely do not want to be cooking multiple sauces and layering things
- Despite the fact that it’s not traditional it still tastes amazing and has all the richness that you want from a classic lasagne
- You could easuly add extra vegetable to this if you wanted to up the veg content, spinach would be great stirred through the sauce
- This lasagne also lasts really well in the fridge and I love it for lunches during the week
Ingredients you need to make this one pot lasagne:
- Olive Oil
- Beef Mince (Ground Beef)
- Red Wine – This adds amazing depth of flavour but if you don’t want to use it then just add extra beef stock
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Beef Stock – Homemade, packet, whatever you fancy. I use these and love them
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Cream Cheese – This is the secret ingredient which makes sure you still get the lovely creaminess you want from lasagne
- Lasagne Sheets – The dried ones work perfectly and cook through when you put it in the oven
- Parmesan – For that added cheesiness at the end!
It’s so good to know that I can have lasagne any time I feel like. Plus most of the ingredients are things I often have already on hand so it really is perfect for nights when I can’t think of anything but lasagne (<— this happens to everyone sometimes, right?)
This lasagne also makes amazing leftovers. Portion it out into containers and you’ve got lunches for a few days as well. And it freezes amazingly well, possibly tastes even better. Seriously.
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT LASAGNE:
- Preheat your oven then heat your oil in a big pot and add onion then carrot.
- Add the beef mince and cook until all the pink is gone and then add your liquids and chopped tomatoes along with seasonings. Cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened then stir through the cream cheese.
- Break up the lasagne sheets then nestle them into the sauce and top with slices of mozzarella. Bake for about 35 minutes and serve.
It’s really that easy!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £1.08
- Price: £10.39Was: £16.00
- Price: £10.39Was: £13.94
Want more? Try these other pasta recipes!
- Baked Crispy Parmesan Ravioli
- Vegetarian Sausage Pasta Bake
- Stuffed Shells Florentine
- One Pot Gnocchi Bake with Tomato & Mozzarella
- Mint and Peas Pesto Pasta
- 15 Minute Salmon Pasta with Broccoli
One Pot Lasagne
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 2 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 500 g Beef Mince (Ground Beef)
- 100 ml Red Wine
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 200 ml Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 120 g Cream Cheese
- 150 g Lasagne Sheets
- 250 g Mozzarella sliced
- Parmesan grated, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Heat your olive oil in a large oven safe pot. Add the chopped onion to the pot and cook until translucent then add the garlic and carrot and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the beef mince and cook until no longer pink then pour over the red wine, chopped tomatoes and stock then add the oregano and garlic powder and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is cooking break up the lasagne sheets into 2 or 3 pieces. When the sauce has finished cooking add the cream cheese and stir through until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully place the lasagne pieces into the sauce, getting all the pieces fully submerged. Spread the mozzarella out across the top of the sauce and place in the oven for 25 minutes, turn the heat up to 230°C/450°F and cook for another 10 minutes to brown the cheese. Leave to stand for a couple of minutes then serve topped with parmesan.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!