Make this easy beef stroganoff for a warming winter dinner. There's really nothing better than tender beef cooked with red wine and vegetables.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running.
Ahhh it's so close to Christmas! Are we excited? Not gonna lie I've been struggling to feel the festive cheer recently because I've been stuck in bed ill.
That meant I missed out on all the festive fun at work like the party and team lunch which sucks because I'm one of those people that loves all things Christmas and have been looking forward to my team lunch for ages.
Anyways, after a swift trip to the walk-in centre yesterday I'm finally starting to feel better so I'm trying to get back on with sharing some recipes with you guys. I've got some fab ones ready to go so keep an eye out.
How's everyone's Christmas prep going? We still have so much to do thanks to the aforementioned illness but we've got plenty of time so I'm sure all will be fine.
If you're still planning your Christmas menu then you should definitely consider including this easy beef stroganoff. It's so simple to make and it honestly tastes so delicious.
You could serve it with veg and mash but we had it over pasta and it was so good.
Ingredients you need to make this easy beef stroganoff with mushrooms:
- Stewing Beef
- Olive Oil
- Tomato Puree
- Chestnut Mushrooms
- Red Wine
- Beef Stock
- Garlic Granules
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this easy beef stroganoff...
This recipe for beef stroganoff takes just minutes to put together. You start off by coating your beef cubes in flour and frying until they're browned on all sides.
Then you just add your seasoning and liquids and let everything cook for an hour until the beef is super tender and the sauce has thickened. Beef and mushroom stroganoff is the perfect slow weekend meal. And if you want a quicker version then why not try making it in the instant pot? Berly's kitchen shared an amazing version here.
Don't miss all my other meat recipes!
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe...
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS EASY BEEF STROGANOFF WITH MUSHROOMS?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
How to Make Beef Stroganoff:
Easy Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms
- 600 g Stewing Beef cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 250 g Chestnut Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 110 ml Red Wine
- 500 ml Beef Stock
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Granules
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 3 tablespoon Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Pasta and Fresh Parsley to serve
- Pat the beef chunks dry then coat each piece in the flour mixed with a little salt and pepper. Heat the oil over a medium-high heat and cook on all sides until browned. Add the tomato puree and stir.
- Pour in the wine and beef stock and add the mushrooms, onion, garlic granules and paprika. Bring to the boil and then simmer with the lid on for about an hour, stirring regularly. You may need to add a little more stock of it looks dry.
- Remove the lid and turn down the heat. Stir through the sour cream and cook for another minute or two. Serve over freshly cooked pasta and topped with plenty of fresh parsley.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…