This easy salmon pasta recipe is a light and healthy weeknight dinner. Use canned salmon, crème fraîche, lemon, garlic and broccoli for a meal that comes together in just 15 minutes!
Comin’ atcha with this super delicious 15 minute dinner for a weeknight. Or a chill weekend. Basically anytime you want massive flavour and as little time standing up as possible.
I am so into this simple salmon and broccoli pasta. Ever since I made my salmon burgers using tinned salmon a little while ago I’ve been way more into the idea of using tinned salmon.
As long as you get a good quality brand that’s sourced sustainably then it can be a great way of putting together quick and healthy meals. I always go for the skinless and boneless even though it’s a tiny bit more expensive.
Of course, if you have some leftover cooked salmon or just prefer to cook a couple of salmon fillets specifically for this recipe then that also works perfectly.
Along with the salmon and pasta we’ve got some crunchy fresh broccoli, plenty of garlic and lemon, crème fraîche, chives and dill which all work together to create the most amazing creamy lemon sauce.
Dill is my new herb obsession right now and I cannot get enough, of course it works amazingly with fish like in this creamy salmon pasta recipe but I’ve been adding it to so many different dishes and loving it.
You can use whatever cut of pasta you like although this kind of creamy pasta dish always screams longer cuts to me so I went with tagliatelle.
Once you’ve cooked your pasta and your broccoli (I love to put it in a steamer basket on top of the pasta) then simply toss everything together in a bowl with a little of the cooking water from the pasta and you’re done.
The ultimate 15 minute family dinner 🙌
Why we love this salmon pasta:
- Stating the obvious first but it takes just 15 minutes from start to finish which makes it the dream for bust weeknights
- It’s also so easy with just a few simple steps required
- It’s also easy to customise and you can add any other veg you like if you’re not keen on broccoli
- The crème fraîche turns into a super flavourful creamy sauce which is so delicious on the pasta
15 Minute Salmon Pasta Ingredients:
To make this quick and easy pasta recipe you will need:
- Pasta: I used tagliatelle but feel free to use your favourite cut or just whatever you have in the cupboard, this recipe is all about quick and easy and using what you have on hand!
- Broccoli: Fresh broccoli is my preference but we normally have frozen broccoli in the freezer so in a pinch I would definitely use that and it would still work amazingly.
- Crème Fraîche: Offers the perfect balance of creaminess and tang to the sauce while keeping it feeling light and fresh.
- Tinned Salmon: Go for skinless and boneless if you like and make sure you go for one from a sustainable source.
- Lemon, Garlic, Chives and Dill: Because FLAVOUR!
How to make salmon pasta with broccoli:
This 15 minute salmon pasta is so simple, all you need to do is:
- Cook the pasta: Follow the packet instructions and place the broccoli in a steamer basket over the boiling water. Reserve a little of the pasta water before draining.
- Make the sauce: Fry the onion and garlic then lower the heat and add the crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice along with the pasta water.
- Add the broccoli and salmon: Toss everything together and serve topped with the herbs.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £9.49Was: £12.95
- Price: £9.76
- Price: £12.63Was: £14.99
- Price: £13.29Was: £17.95
- H&S® Manual Lemon Squeezer - Heavy Duty - Juice Extractor Single Press Hand Lime Citrus Fruit JuicerPrice: £9.99Was: £29.99
Salmon Pasta Variations
This salmon pasta is pretty customisable!
- Try adding a different vegetable: Depending on what’s in season you could mix up your vegetable options. Asparagus, spinach or sugar snap peas would all be great int here or you could try making a salmon and pea pasta instead of the broccoli
- Use different herbs: If you’re not keen on the herbs here try using parsley instead.
What goes with salmon pasta?
With the salmon, pasta and broccoli I’ll happily eat this as a whole meal but if you want a little more you could always serve it with a simple green salad or even some garlic bread.
Can you reheat salmon pasta?
I have reheated this dish and still enjoyed it but microwaving it can change the texture of the crème fraîche and make it appear curdled which some people might find off-putting. If you have some leftovers I would recommend eating them cold as it still tastes fantastic this way!
Can you freeze salmon pasta?
Again, the reheating is the issue here so if you’d like to freeze a portion then I would recommend thawing naturally in the fridge and eating cold.
Expert tips for making salmon pasta:
- If you have a steamer basket I’d recommend steaming the broccoli over the pasta while it’s boiling which save on stovetop space and helps speed everything up
- Adding pasta water to the sauce helps to thicken it thanks to the starch released by the pasta so make sure not to skip this step
- For this recipe I used tinned salmon to help speed up this recipe and keep it mostly from the store cupboard but you could also cook some fresh salmon if you prefer
Want more? Try these other pasta recipes!
- Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole
- One Pot Cheese and Tomato Pasta Bake
- Crab Pasta
- Five Ingredient Garlic Mushroom Pasta
- One Pot Vegetarian Spaghetti
- One Pot Orzo with Roasted Butternut Squash
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS 15 MINUTE SALMON PASTA WITH BROCCOLI?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Use up your leftover chives by sprinkling them over this simple toast recipe
Stir leftover dill through this simple stew
15 Minute Salmon Pasta with Broccoli
- 300 g Tagliatelle
- 150 ml Reserved Pasta Water
- 1 head Broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 300 ml Crème Fraîche
- 1 Lemon juice and zest
- 200 g Tinned Skinless Boneless Salmon drained
- Fresh Chives and Dill for serving
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Put the broccoli in a steamer and steam over the cooking pasta (or cook the broccoli separately if you prefer).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat and cook the onion and garlic for 5-10 mins until soft. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice and then slowly pour in the pasta water whisking as you pour. Mix until everything is combined and add the broccoli. Season well.
- Add the salmon followed by the pasta and toss until the pasta is coated by the sauce. Serve topped with chopped chives and dill.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!