Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This five ingredient garlic mushroom pasta is the ultimate simple weeknight dinner. With just pasta, garlic, butter, mushrooms and parmesan you can have dinner on the table in minutes!
This is everything I want when I have to make dinner after a long day at work. It’s comforting but takes just minutes to prepare and has all the simple flavours that you need when you’re tired and cranky.
I’m trying to make sure that I’m continually updating my collection of quick and easy recipes for you guys.
I don’t talk about my life outside of this blog all that much but I work full time at a publishing house in central London.Outside of that I spend pretty much all of the rest of my time working on the blog which is my favourite thing to do.
After all that I still have to fit in cooking delicious dinners (although Will does do a fair amount of cooking because he’s the best) and that means that the recipes on this blog are the ones that fit best around a busy life.
Tried and tested to be made when you need dinner fast.
But really it feels like there is nothing more perfect that this mushroom pasta when you need a quick meal.
Especially as there is a lot of garlic involved which is guaranteed to dramatically improve every dinner.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE FIVE INGREDIENT GARLIC MUSHROOM PASTA
- Pasta – I used fusilli which is my go to type of pasta and the one I always have on hand. I buy massive 3 kilo bags of it and they last us a couple of months
- Garlic – 6…7…8 cloves…the more the better to be honest. I put 6 in the recipe but this is garlic mushroom pasta so you can’t really have too much
- Butter – Again, don’t go easy here. The butter is what creates the sauce for the pasta so you need plenty…trust me, it’s worth it
- Mushooms – I used regular white mushrooms thinly sliced but chestnut mushrooms would also work well
- Parmesan – Plenty of parmesan is key to any pasta dish
What mushroom to use for pasta?
I normally use white mushrooms for this mushroom pasta because they’re cheaper and easy to get hold of but there’s plenty of other options. Chestnut mushrooms have a lovely flavour and portobello mushrooms would also work well.
Whenever I make this easy mushroom pasta I’m reminded of the beauty of truly simple food. Food that takes minutes to prepare, uses classic ingredients and comforts you when you really need it.
Whatever type of mushrooms or pasta or cheese you decide to use it’s the simplicity of this dish which makes it amazing so just use whatever you have on hand!
How do you make mushroom pasta?
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the garlic, fry for a minute then add the mushrooms and cook until soft and browned.
- Add the pasta and parmesan to the pan and toss.
- Serve with parsley.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £8.99Was: £9.95
- Price: £15.99Was: £24.00
- Price: £5.99Was: £6.50
- Price: £10.39Was: £16.00
- Price: £8.39
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe…
Want more? Get all my other pasta recipes before you go!
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS FIVE INGREDIENT GARLIC MUSHROOM PASTA?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Finish up your mushrooms in this comforting creamy mushroom dish
Alternatively use up your mushrooms in this vegetarian take on a shepherd’s pie
Five Ingredient Garlic Mushroom Pasta
- 400 g Pasta
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 200 g Mushrooms sliced
- 30 g Parmesan grated
- Parsley chopped, to serve
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for a minute then add the mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes until softened and browned.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss with the garlic butter and mushrooms. Add the parmesan and toss again.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
If you like the look of this recipe, make sure you pin it for later!