Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This vegetarian lasagne is so quick and easy to make. Filled with carrots, peppers, courgettes and mushrooms it’s the perfect meat free dinner recipe!
Meat free day! And I have the perfect meat free recipe for you!
Blogging makes me realise that we eat meat free pretty regularly. There’s already been a baked falafel recipe, a roasted veg orzo salad and a caprese pasta salad over the past few weeks and now I’m adding this super delicious one pot vegetarian lasagne to the list.
How was everybody’s weekends? We spent a significant amount of it watching football which was enjoyable despite the fact that I never thought I’d be the kind of person to say I enjoyed watching football.
I’m usually purely an Olympics person and the rest of the time sport is of very little interest to me. But Will always gets really into the World Cup so I’m happy to get on board.
Plus England are actually doing pretty well for the first time in forever so that makes it somewhat more exciting.
We also went to two bbqs and drank lots of beer in the sun so pretty much the perfect summer weekend.
We are having an insane heat wave in the UK right now, it’s been the nicest summer I can remember so I’m trying to spend as much time as I can outside while still acknowledging my homebody tendencies.
So this lasagne. I love lasagne so much but I often can’t be bothered to go through the whole shebang of layering and whatnot (although if you do feel like going the whole hog then try out my classic beef lasagne recipe).
So a few months ago I decided to try out a much simpler one pot lasagne and it turned out so well. Like so well.
As soon as I’d made it I knew that I needed to make a vegetarian one pot lasagne too.
As I mentioned before we eat vegetarian quite a lot and I’m often trying to find ways to make our favourite dishes without meat.
I threw all our favourite vegetables in this lasagne but you can definitely switch it up and add whatever you fancy.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS ONE POT VEGETARIAN LASAGNE:
- Olive Oil
- Red Bell Pepper
- Courgette (Zucchini)
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Vegetable Stock
- Dried Oregano
- Cream Cheese
- Dried Lasagne Sheets
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this one pot vegetarian lasagne…
It’s so easy to make this vegetarian lasagne. You simply fry off your vegetables and then add tomatoes, stock and seasoning and cook until you have an amazing, rich sauce.
Then you stir cream cheese through and nestle dried lasagne sheets into the sauce before baking with plenty of mozzarella on top. It’s so simple but has the best flavour!
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT VEGETARIAN LASAGNE (STEP BY STEP):
- Heat the oven. Heat the oil and fry the onion for a few minutes followed by the garlic, carrot, courgette, mushroom and pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and seasonings. Simmer until thickened.
- Wilt the spinach into the sauce along with the cream cheese. Add the broken dried lasagne sheets to the sauce and top everything with mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes then turn the heat up and cook for another 10. Serve.
Want more? Get all my other vegetarian recipes before you go!
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe!
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU’VE MADE THIS ONE POT VEGETARIAN LASAGNE?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
If you’re after another vegetarian lasagne recipe then try out this FOUR CHEESE lasagne.
This pasta is a great way to use up leftover vegetables and it’s so easy as well!
Easy One Pot Vegetarian Lasagne
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed
- 2 Carrots peeled and cubed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cubed
- 1 Courgette (Zucchini) cubed
- 150 g Mushrooms cubed
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 300 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- 100 g Spinach
- 120 g Cream Cheese
- 150 g Dried Lasagne Sheets broken into 2 or 3 pieces
- 150 g Mozzarella sliced
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Heat the oil over a medium heat in an oven proof pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes, then add the garlic, carrots, courgette, mushroom and pepper. Cook until everything is soft, probably another 10 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, dried oregano and a good helping of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the spinach and stir until it has wilted into the sauce. Then add the cream cheese and allow to melt into the sauce. Add the broken lasagne sheets into the sauce, nestling them under the vegetables and making sure that all of the pasta is covered in the sauce. Top with mozzarella slices and place in the oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes turn the heat up to 200°C/400°F and cook for another 10 minutes until the cheese has browned. Serve.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: £1.08
- Price: £10.39Was: £16.00
- Price: £8.39