Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This pressure cooker pasta is so simple and is full of mediterranean flavour! Make it in an instant pot or electric pressure cooker and have dinner on the table in a matter of minutes. Serve with a good grating of parmesan for a delicious weeknight meal.
Can you beat a bowl of pasta for a quick weeknight dinner? It’s pretty much guaranteed to be served up in less than an hour even if you’re going for something fancier. Then we’ve got one pot pastas which just take that quick and easy status to a whole other level.
I’ve shared a few other one pot pasta recipes on the site including cheesy roasted red pepper one pot pasta, one pot pasta with chicken, spinach & mushroom and roasted beetroot one pot pasta with goat’s cheese. So when we got a pressure cooker a one pot pasta was high on my list of things to try making in there and it did not disappoint!
I’ve been really loving trying out new recipes in my pressure cooker. It’s been super helpful recently since we’ve been going out after work training for the half marathon we’re doing (which is on Sunday 😱). Will can get some food ready to go into the pressure cooker before I get home then we can go for a run and dinner will be ready when we get home, the dream!
And of course, something like this one pot pasta is the exact thing you want to eat when you’ve just got back from a run in the freezing cold. Did I mention it’s supposed to be snowing this week, IN MARCH! I am fuming.
Can you cook pasta in a pressure cooker?
Yes! It works so well. Depending on the type of pressure cooker you have you might even have a pasta setting. I like to cook on the pasta setting (or on manual if you don’t have that setting) for 4 minutes. If you like your pasta particularly al dente then try 3 minutes but I’ve found 4 minutes works best for our tastes.
Why would I want to use a pressure cooker?
I love my pressure cooker for loads of different reasons but using it for this pressure cooker pasta recipe is so useful because it takes the concept of a one pot pasta and makes it even quicker and easier. I also love that I don’t need to be in the room checking on the pasta like I would if I was cooking it on the stovetop, once the pressure cooker is sealed I can leave it to do its thing while I go and find something to watch on TV or change my clothes or anything else I feel like doing.
One pot pasta was something I was really excited to try making in the pressure cooker. One pot pastas are wonderful for a number of reasons. The two main ones for me being a really quick and easy dinner and a dramatically reduced amount of washing up.
It’s SO nice to be able to use just one chopping board, knife and the pressure cooker insert. As hard as I try we’re not always the best at cleaning as we go so a one pot pasta helps us to keep the mess under control.
Ingredients you need to make this pressure cooker pasta with Mediterranean vegetables:
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion
- Red Pepper
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Vegetable Stock
- Black Olives
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this pressure cooker pasta with Mediterranean vegetables…
HOW TO MAKE PRESSURE COOKER PASTA WITH MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLES:
- We used an electric pressure cooker for this, not an instant pot, but the settings are all fairly standard for this style of appliance. If you’re not sure, consult your manual.
- We used a selection of our favourite vegetables in this pressure cooker pasta including aubergine, red pepper and olives but you can mix it up with whatever vegetables you like.
I use a pressure king pro for all my pressure cooker recipes, you can get all my favourite pressure king pro recipes here. But don’t worry, they’ll all work with any other brand of pressure cooker too!
Want more? Try these other recipes using mediterranean vegetables!
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Veggie Sausage Bake with Potatoes
- Chickpea and Zucchini Frittata
- One Pot Gnocchi Bake with Tomato & Mozzarella
- Greek Salad
- Chilli Prawns with Tomato Butter & Aleppo Pepper
Pressure Cooker Pasta with Mediterranean Vegetables
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Aubergine chopped
- 1 Red Pepper chopped
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 500g Pasta
- Vegetable Stock enough to cover the pasta
- 100 g Black Olives
- Fresh Parsley for serving
- Parmesan for serving
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Set your pressure cooker to the saute or browning function and add the olive oil, red onion and garlic cloves. Fry for a couple of minutes until softened. Add the aubergine and pepper and cook for another few minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pot and pour over the chopped tomatoes and enough vegetable stock to cover the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on the pasta setting, if you have one, or on manual for 4 minutes. Release the pressure and stir through the olives. Serve topped with chopped parsley and parmesan.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…