Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
These chilli prawns are made with an amazing sun dried tomato and garlic butter, aleppo chilli flakes and a squeeze of lemon. Perfect served with a hunk of crusty bread and plenty of fresh parsley.
This was one of those Sunday treat dinners that helped to banish those Sunday night blues.
Prawns are one of my all time favourite foods. They’re meaty while still being light and healthy and they feel so dang fancy. They’re also wonderful served pretty simply which works for my innate laziness.
Will and I made a decision recently that, since we’re not at the stage where we’re going all in with the vegetarianism, we’ll only be eating meat or fish when we can be sure that it’s ethically sourced and high quality.
Since that will mean spending a bit more money on our meat and fish we’re going to have it just a couple of times a month and first up were these delicious prawns.
So I kept these prawns pretty simple and they tasted so amazing. We had them with a big hunk of crusty bread which is pretty much essential for any meal in which garlicky butter is involved and a bit of fresh kale because we’re all healthy and that.
To make the prawns I melted butter and oil together then add garlic, prawns and sun dried tomatoes until melty, delicious and the prawns are cooked through.
Then I added aleppo chilli flakes which are one of my all time favourite spices. They’re a Turkish chilli which is mild and a little smoky and I just love it!
Finally the prawns were finished off with a big squeeze of lemon and some fresh parsley.
So to sum up, these chilli prawns are the best because:
- They’re easy: The whole thing takes less than 15 minutes to make (similar to chilli & garlic prawns) so they’re perfect for a light main meal or even a fancy appetiser to serve at a dinner party
- They’re simple: It takes just a handful of ingredients to make this recipe and all of them get to shine
- They’re so full of flavour: The garlic, sun dried tomatoes and lemon juice all combine to make the most flavourful prawns ever!
Chilli Prawns with Tomato Butter Ingredients:
- Butter & Olive Oil
- Garlic: As much garlic as you like, can you ever have too much?
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: These are sliced thinly and get all melty into the butter
- Aleppo Chilli Flakes: These add the most amazing smoky, slightly sweet flavour
- Parsley: Perfect sprinkled over the prawns just before serving
- Lemon: A big squeeze of lemon juice helps to liven the whole thing up after cooking
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £2.79
- Price: £19.83
Chilli Prawns with Tomato Butter Instructions:
- Make the garlic butter: Melt the butter and olive oil together in a frying pan and add the garlic, cook until slightly softened.
- Cook the prawns: Add the prawns to the garlic butter then add the sun dried tomatoes, aleppo pepper, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve: Serve the prawns topped with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £16.92Was: £21.00
- Price: £10.49Was: £14.00
Chilli Prawns Variations:
- Up the spice level: I’ve kept these prawns pretty mild because I used aleppo chilli flakes but if you want a spicier hit then feel free to add some regular chilli flakes as well to make them a little spicier
- Use a different herb: If you’re not a big fan of parsley then chopped fresh coriander would also be delicious sprinkled over the top
Want more? Try these other seafood recipes!
- Garlic Salt and Pepper Squid
- Creamy Prawn Curry with Potato
- Easy Shrimp Nachos
- Prawn Po’Boys with Tangy Cajun Sauce
- Tomato Squid Stir Fry
- Prawn & Chorizo Polenta Bowls
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE CHILLI PRAWNS WITH TOMATO BUTTER & ALEPPO PEPPER?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Use up sun dried tomatoes in this roasted cauliflower pasta
Use the aleppo pepper to the chilli butter for these Turkish eggs
Chilli Prawns with Tomato Butter & Aleppo Pepper
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 200 g King Prawns peeled and deveined
- 55 g Sun Dried Tomatoes finely sliced
- 2 tsp Aleppo Pepper
- Fresh Parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Melt the butter and oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for a minute then add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes then add the sun dried tomatoes, aleppo pepper, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes until the prawns are cooked through.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and parsley and tip out onto a plate, serve with crusty bread.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!