Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Turkish eggs makes the most incredible weekend breakfast! Whipped goat’s cheese yoghurt is topped with poached eggs and drizzled with chilli butter for a healthy brunch dish.
Every now and then I like to make a really special weekend breakfast and this is the most special of all the breakfasts I’ve made recently.
Will is training for a half marathon at the moment. His second one after the one we did together last year…which was one of the worst things I’ve ever done and cemented my hatred of running but somehow Will wasn’t fully put off after that first one.
So a few weeks ago when Will went out for a training run I was tasked with making a delicious breakfast for him to refuel with when he got back.
So I decided to whip up some Turkish eggs and oh man was that a good decision. They’re filling and pretty healthy (apart from the butter I guess, feel free to leave off if you want to reduce the calories).
Classic Turkish eggs uses a plain Greek yoghurt but I decided to add a little extra to it by whipping up the yoghurt with some goat’s cheese similar to the whipped feta in these beetroot burgers and it added so much flavour to the final dish.
Once the whipped goat’s cheese was done it was simply a case of poaching a couple of eggs (you can have one or two here depending on how hungry you are) and throwing together some chilli butter.
I used aleppo chilli flakes and smoked paprika for the butter. Aleppo chilli flakes are pretty mild but have the most delicious flavour and we use them all the time in our cooking but if you can’t get hold of them then use a mild chilli powder instead.
Turkish Eggs Ingredients:
- Goat’s Cheese: You can adjust the amount used according to taste but I’d be wary of going too cheesy
- Greek Yoghurt: Make sure you go for full fat, that’s really what you need to get it to whip well and spread nicely on the plate
- Herbs: I went with dill and coriander which are pretty classic for Turkish cuisine but feel free to use whatever you like or have on hand
- Eggs: Poached to your liking but runny is how it works best
- Butter: I normally use unsalted and add my own seasoning
- Spices: I added aleppo pepper and smoked paprika to the chilli butter but you could try different spices if you like
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Turkish Eggs Instructions:
- Make the whipped goat’s cheese: Put the goat’s cheese and Greek yoghurt into a food processor and blend until completely mixed. Add the herbs and season then blend again until smooth and fluffy.
- Make the chilli butter: Melt the butter over a medium heat and add the aleppo pepper and smoker paprika, cook for another minute until foaming then remove from the heat.
- Poach the eggs and serve: Poach the eggs to your liking. Smear a few spoonfuls of the whipped goat’s cheese on a plate, top with the poached eggs and drizzle over the chilli butter. Serve with lots of toast.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £53.00Was: £69.99
- Price: £50.99Was: £139.99
Want more? Try these other egg recipes!
- Steak and Eggs
- Huevos Rancheros Baked Eggs
- Eggs Benedict
- Easy Breakfast Tacos with Eggs & Chorizo
- One Pot Smoky Eggs and Beans
- Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE TURKISH EGGS WITH WHIPPED GOAT’S CHEESE?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Add leftover goat’s cheese to this simple tomato pasta
Use up the Greek yoghurt in the slaw to get with these awesome vegetarian tacos
Turkish Eggs with Whipped Goat's Cheese & Chilli Butter
- 70 g Goat's Cheese
- 100 g Greek Yoghurt
- Bunch Fresh Herbs I used dill and coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-4 Eggs poached to your liking
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Aleppo Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Toast to serve
- Pea Shoots or Extra Herbs to serve
- Add the goat's cheese and Greek yoghurt to a food processor and blend until combined then add the herbs and salt and pepper and blend again until light and fluffy.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and add the aleppo pepper and smoked paprika. Cook for another minute until frothing slightly then remove from the heat.
- Poach the eggs. Smear the whipped goat's cheese over the bottom of a plate, top with the eggs and a drizzle of chilli butter. Serve with plenty of toast.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!