Breakfast tacos are here to make your morning shine! Soft and cheesy scrambled egg, smoky chorizo and crispy onions all folded into a soft tortilla.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
I love making fancy breakfasts. Normally when I’m meal planning I’ll focus on dinner recipes but every now and then I’m in the mood to make something really special for breakfast.
Whether it’s a big pan of chorizo shakshuka or a quinoa breakfast bowl I don’t like to do my breakfast by halves, especially when they’re just begging to be tucked into on a Saturday morning with a cup of coffee in front of the TV.
These breakfast tacos are the ultimate Saturday morning breakfast!
I am so in love with these tacos. I think they’re one of the best breakfasts I’ve had in a while.
At the weekends Will and I always make something a bit special for breakfast. Or we go out if we’re feeling like something extra.
Even if it’s just a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea it’s one of my favourite weekend traditions and gets the weekend off to an excellent start.
When I’m meal planning I like to slot in one or two special breakfast recipes and this was one I planned as a surprise for Will because I knew that he’d love it.
Also, if I’m honest, Will is normally the one making us breakfast at the weekends while I laze around in bed. I am very lucky!
So I thought I’d make these breakfast tacos as a treat one Sunday and they were a huge hit.
So these tacos start off with a scoop of cheesy scrambled egg with chorizo stirred through it and then they’re topped with a squeeze of fresh lime, some crispy onions, coriander (cilantro) leaves and hot sauce for dayssss.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE BREAKFAST TACOS:
- Chorizo – I used cubed chorizo which worked really well stirred through the eggs
- Onion – Thinly sliced for frying
- Vegetable Oil
- Small Tortillas – I like the Mission ones
- Coriander (Cilantro)
- Lime Wedges
- Hot Sauce – Cholula chipotle hot sauce has my heart always and forever
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for these breakfast tacos…
I think my favourite thing about these tacos has to be the crispy fried onions on top. The cheesy eggs and chorizo are amazing but they’re both set off by that crunch and sweetness from the onions.
When I had the idea to add the onions I thought frying them would be too much of a faff in the morning but it was actually completely fine.
I put the oil on to heat and quickly sliced the onion then fried in batches before removing to a paper towel lined plate.
After frying the onion everything else comes together super quickly. Fry the chorizo in a drop of oil until starting to get crispy.
Then the eggs need a quick whisk and a glug of milk before softly scrambling over a medium heat.
Mixed with grated cheddar and the chorizo they have the most delicious flavour. I then simply toasted my tortillas on the gas hob (not strictly necessary but, well, pretty necessary) and topped each with a scoop of eggs and all my toppings!
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST TACOS (STEP BY STEP):
- Heat 5cm of oil in a small saucepan until a piece of onion dropped into it starts to bubble and fry. Fry the onion slices in batches until crispy. Set aside.
- Fry the chorizo until the fat is rendered the set aside.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk then heat a tablespoon of oil and gently scramble the eggs. Add the chorizo and cheese.
- Serve tortillas topped with eggs, crispy onion and toppings.
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe…
Want more? Make sure you get all my other breakfast recipes before you go!
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU’VE MADE THESE EASY BREAKFAST TACOS WITH EGGS & CHORIZO?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Chorizo can be used up in these wraps for an easy lunch!
If you’ve got any small tortillas left then you should probably use them up by making more tacos, just sayin’
Easy Breakfast Tacos with Eggs and Chorizo
- 150 g Chorizo cubed
- 1 Onion finely sliced
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 6 Eggs beaten
- 50 ml Milk
- 60 g Cheddar grated
- 6 Small Tortillas charred over the hob if desired
- Coriander (Cilantro) to serve
- Lime Wedges to serve
- Hot Sauce to serve
- Heat 5cm of oil in a small saucepan and fry the onion in batches until crispy, set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Fry the chorizo until the fat is rendered. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pot. Whisk the eggs and milk together and add to the pot. Scramble until soft and creamy then remove from the heat. Add the cheese and chorizo and fold in.
- Serve tortillas with eggs and topped with crispy onions, coriander, limes and hot sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk