Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
These cauliflower tacos are stuffed with crispy oven fried cauliflower in a chipotle batter. They’re so easy and taste amazing topped with a tangy yoghurt slaw.
I really love making tacos for dinner. There’s something so fun about them that makes you feel like you’re eating something really special on a weeknight.
Happy weekend! I was helping at my niece’s fourth birthday party yesterday. 35 4 year olds running around you for several hours is a guaranteed way to make you feel exhausted even if you weren’t doing much running.
Luckily she had a good time and my nieces are both super cute so it was a good day!
Now I’m spending my Sunday tucked under a blanket because oh my god it is freeeezing, working and watching trash (I’ve been watching Dynasty which is so rubbish but I’m kind of addicted).
Anyway, about these cauliflower tacos. They might just be my new favourite vegetarian tacos.
They are so freaking good. I whisked together flour, milk, chipotle and garlic paste together to make a light batter and then coated the cauliflower florets before baking. That gave them this delicious slightly spicy outer coating and made them deliciously crispy.
Oh, and halfway through cooking I brushed them with a little chipotle paste and honey to get a sticky glaze on the cauliflower. Stuffed into charred tortillas with plenty of slaw and pickled red onions this was really the most amazing vegetarian taco!
Oh and that Greek yoghurt slaw! The sauce is full of some of my favourite ingredients like Greek yoghurt, honey and dijon mustard for that tangy flavour.
It goes SO well with the sweet and spicy cauliflower.
We topped everything with the quick pickled red onions from this salmon tacos recipe and they’re honestly one of my favourite taco toppings. We keep a jar in the fridge most of the time and they’re also great for using up any red onions that are on their last legs.
Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Greek Yoghurt Slaw Ingredients:
- Cauliflower: Cut into florets
- Batter: I made this using a quick mixture of flour, milk, chipotle paste, garlic paste and seasonings to make a quick light and spicy batter
- Chipotle Glaze: Made from a mixture of vegetable oil, chipotle paste and honey and brushed over the cauliflower
- Greek Yoghurt Slaw: I was lazy and used a ready made slaw mix but you can just chop up some red cabbage and carrots if you prefer then just drizzle over a mixture of Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, cider vinegar, honey and dijon mustard
- Tortillas, sliced radish, chillies and pickled red onions: To serve
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £2.09
- Price: £4.49
- Price: £9.23
- Price: £2.98
Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Greek Yoghurt Slaw Instructions:
- Prep the cauliflower: Heat oven to 220°C/425°F. Chop cauliflower, whisk together the batter ingredients and toss with the cauliflower. Spread on a baking sheet and put in the oven.
- Glaze the cauliflower: Mix the chipotle paste, honey and vegetable oil together. After 20 minutes brush the cauliflower with the glaze then cook for another 20 minutes.
- Make the slaw: Whisk together the slaw dressing ingredients and pour over the slaw mix.
- Serve the tacos: Char the tacos, add the cauliflower and top with slaw and all your favourite toppings.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £3.99
- Price: £4.00
- Price: £15.05
- Price: £9.75
- Price: £8.99Was: £9.95
Want more? Try these other taco recipes!
- Mushroom Tacos
- Halloumi Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw
- Brussels Sprouts Tacos
- Sheet Pan Fish Tacos with Peppers
- Cider Beer Braised Pork Tacos
- Easy Breakfast Tacos with Eggs & Chorizo
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE CHIPOTLE CAULIFLOWER TACOS WITH GREEK YOGHURT SLAW?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Use the leftover chipotle paste as a marinade for the chicken in this salad
Extra Greek yoghurt can be whipped up into a quick garlic yoghurt to smear on these quick salmon burgers
Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Greek Yoghurt Slaw
- 1 Cauliflower
- 95 g Flour
- 3 tbsp Chipotle Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 175 ml Milk
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 8 Mini Tortillas charred if you like
- Pickled Red Onions, Radish Slices & Chilli to serve
Greek Yoghurt Slaw
- 400 g Slaw Mix mixture of chopped red cabbage and carrot
- 200 ml Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the cauliflower. Heat oven to 220°C/425°F. Break cauliflower into florets. Mix flour, 1 tbsp chipotle paste, garlic paste, salt, pepper and milk together in a mixing bowl then add the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Bake the cauliflower. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and spread the florets out on it then bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the glaze. Mix another 2 tbsp of chipotle paste with the oil and honey and brush the cauliflower with the mixture, return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Make the slaw. Whisk together yoghurt, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, dijon and salt and pepper. Add the slaw mix to a bowl and pour over dressing. Mix well.
- Serve. Serve on small tortillas with cauliflower, pickled onions and slaw.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!