Pressure Cooker Recipes
This is a collection of all my favourite pressure cooker recipes. I love pressure cooking because it locks in so much flavour while cooking food in super quick time!
Pressure Cooker Recipes Collection
Pressure cookers are an amazing way to cook all kinds of different recipes. They fill with pressurised steam which cooks things quickly while locking in loads of flavour and nutrients.
There are various different brands of pressure cookers including instant pots or the pressure king pro which is the brand that I use. They all work fairly similarly and these recipes will work in whatever type you have.
Keep scrolling to get all my best pressure cooker recipes!
Tips for cooking with a pressure cooker
- Pressure cooking is great for cooking big batches of food. I love to use it for meal prep because you can make a big batch of food and then use it for lunches and dinners all week
- Most pressure cookers also have a slow cooker function so you can cut down on unnecessary gadgets by using the pressure cooker for both functions
What foods can you cook in the pressure cooker?
The best thing about the pressure cooker is that you can cook pretty much anything in it and so much more than you would think! My favourite things to cook in the pressure cooker are curries, one pot pastas and chicken dishes.
What are the advantages of pressure cooking?
- Food cooks much more quickly in the pressure cooker than with conventional cooking
- It is also more energy efficient because less water is required to complete the cooking so it takes less energy to heat
- You can also use pressure cookers to sterilise bottles and jars as well as for the sealing process during canning
Can pressure cooker recipes be used in the instant pot?
Yes, absolutely! All of the electric pressure cooker recipes below can also be used for an instant pot. The instant pot is a brand of pressure cooker and the recipes easily convert to any brand you are using.
Why does food cook faster in a pressure cooker?
Without getting too science-y the increased pressure inside the cooker means that heat is builds faster the temperature is maintained better than in an open pot.
[amazon_link asins='B00OP26T4K,B01FW8CFAM,B07C1MPN1S' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='238d9a42-145c-11e9-a4c0-95d81d3cf289']
1. Pressure Cooker Vegetable Curry
2. Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Pasta
3. Easy Pressure Cooker Pork Ramen
4. Pressure Cooker Smoky Lentil Stew
5. Vegan Pressure Cooker Coconut Curry with Sweet Potato
6. Pressure Cooker Chicken Casserole with Kale & White Beans
7. Pressure Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tacos
8. Pressure Cooker Creamy Chicken Pasta
9. Creamy Cauliflower Curry in the Pressure Cooker
10. Pressure Cooker Pasta with Mediterranean Vegetables
11. Easy Pressure Cooker Saag Aloo
12. Pressure Cooker Curry with Potato & Aubergine
13. Pressure Cooker Turkey and Potato Curry