With just a few simple ingredients you can have this pressure cooker creamy mushroom pasta on the table in 20 minutes. It’s so easy to make this one pot vegetarian dinner.
Hello creamy, cheesy pasta of my dreams 😍
Mushrooms and pasta are one of my dream combinations. The earthy flavour of the mushrooms really gets to shine and makes the perfect complimentary texture partner to the al dente pasta.
I’ve already made one creamy mushroom pasta for the blog with herby thyme flavour and cute little shells but this pressure cooker version was actually more inspired by my pressure cooker creamy chicken pasta.
I like to use cream cheese to get that sauce really creamy and rich. I also add a little milk (I went with oat milk but any plant based milk or cow’s milk will work) and the whole thing comes out so comforting and delicious.
Cooking pasta in the pressure cooker is really just a way of stepping your traditional one pot pasta up a notch.
You start off by frying your onions, garlic and mushrooms on the saute mode and then simply add most of your other ingredients and turn on the pressure.
Once it’s finished cooking stir through your cream cheese and parmesan (no one said this was a healthy pasta dish!) and serve topped with some fresh parsley.
And that’s it!
Why we love this pressure cooker creamy mushroom pasta:
- It’s all made in one pot which is something that makes me so happy on a weeknight. Or a weekend. Or pretty much any time I’m hungry and need something easy
- It’s vegetarian which is great when we’re cutting down on the meat and still has so much flavour thanks to those mushrooms
- It’s so easy to make which is my favourite thing about pressure cooker recipes!
Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Pasta Ingredients:
- Mushrooms: I used regular white mushrooms but you could go for any type you like or have access to
- Onion: I went for red because it was what I had on hand but white would also work
- Spices: Garlic and dried thyme add so much flavour to this dish. Use up leftover thyme in this veggie sausage casserole
- Vegetable Stock: Makes up most of the liquid in the pasta
- Milk: I used oat milk but any type will work
- Pasta: I used fusilli but use any type you like
- Cream Cheese: Go for a light version if you want to ease up on the calories
- Parmesan: Stirred through and then a little extra sprinkled over at the end. Use any extra for this breaded fish
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Pasta Instructions:
- Prep the pasta: Heat the oil in the pressure cooker and add the onion and mushrooms followed by the garlic. Once everything is soft then add the pasta, thyme, stock and milk.
- Cook under pressure: Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese: Release the pressure then stir through the cream cheese and parmesan and serve.
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £3.82Was: £3.99
Want more? Try these other pressure cooker recipes!
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Easy Pressure Cooker Pork Ramen
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Pho
- Pressure Cooker Smoky Lentil Stew
- Instant Pot Chicken Piccata
- Pressure Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- Pressure Cooker Vegetable Curry
Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 300 g Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock
- 250 ml Milk
- 400 g Pasta
- 170 g Cream Cheese
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese grated
- Fresh Parsley chopped, to serve
- Set your pressure cooker to the saute setting and add the olive oil. Once it's heated add the onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, add the garlic and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Sprinkle over the thyme then pour in the stock, milk and pasta. Seal and cook for 5 minutes.
- Release the pressure and remove lid. Add the cream cheese and parmesan and stir until melted. Serve topped with a sprinkling of parsley and some extra parmesan.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!