Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This easy pork ramen recipe is made with super tender pressure cooker pork belly, a rich broth and noodles. Serve topped with a soft boiled egg, spring onions and fresh coriander.
This is definitely a meal worthy of a weekend treat.
We’re doing meat only on the weekends and this was one of our very special weekend meals a couple of weeks ago.
And I say that knowing that our measly winter is nothing compared to the polar vortex that’s been going on in the US over past couple of weeks.
I am truly the biggest wimp when it comes to cold weather.
And all I ever want to eat is big warming bowls of food like this pork ramen noodle soup.
We decided to cook this pork belly in the pressure cooker because it takes just 30 minutes to get super soft and tender. We cut the skin off before cooking the meat and roasted it in the oven until it got crispy and crunchy because there’s really nothing better than pork crackling, if you have pork belly with skin then I highly recommend you doing the same.
The pork belly is cooked in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, ginger and vegetable stock until it’s falling apart. Then the cooking liquid is used as the broth for the soup which makes the whole thing so simple and easy.
While the pork is cooking simply cook your noodles and boiled eggs, chop up your spring onion and coriander for topping then assemble the whole thing once the pork is cooked.
This is definitely not an authentic ramen but it’s a good short cut version.
Why we love this pork ramen:
- It’s so much quicker than if you were roasting the pork belly in the oven so you can even have this quick pork ramen on a weeknight
- You can easily add any extras you like to this ramen which makes it great for using leftover veg up. Bok choy would be delicious
- It’s so much simpler than you think to make this ramen and take just a few simple steps
Easy Pressure Cooker Pork Ramen Ingredients:
- Pork Belly: Skin removed then sliced
- Cooking Liquid: Made of soy sauce, garlic, ginger and vegetable stock for a super flavourful broth
- Eggs: Boiled to your liking, they’re good when a little runny
- Ramen Noodles: Cooked according to packet instructions
- Toppings: Spring onions, coarsely chopped coriander and sesame seeds
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Easy Pressure Cooker Pork Ramen Instructions:
- Cook the pork: Put the pressure cooker in saute mode, fry the pork slices for a couple of minutes on each side. Mix the soy sauce, garlic and ginger together and pour over the pork, pork for 2 more minutes then add the stock. Seal and cook on the meat setting for 30 minutes.
- Prep your other toppings: Cook the noodles and the eggs. Chop the spring onions and coriander.
- Make the ramen: Release the pressure on the pork, split the noodles between bowls, top with the cooked pork and ladle over some pork ramen broth. Add the boiled egg, sesame seeds, coriander and spring onions.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £10.99Was: £14.00
Want more? Try these other pressure cooker recipes!
- Instant Pot Yellow Dal
- Pressure Cooker Smoky Lentil Stew
- Instant Pot Chicken Piccata
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Casserole with Kale & White Beans
- Weeknight Instant Pot Beef Ragu
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Chicken Pasta
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS EASY PRESSURE COOKER PORK RAMEN?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Use extra soy sauce in the sauce for these Thai fish cakes
Sprinkle leftover spring onion over these spicy noodles
Easy Pressure Cooker Pork Ramen
- 500 g Pork Belly skin removed and sliced
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Eggs boiled to your liking
- 2 blocks Ramen Noodles seasoning packets removed
- 2 Spring Onions sliced
- Fresh Coriander to serve
- Sesame Seeds to serve
- Turn the pressure cooker onto the saute setting, add a drizzle of oil and brown the pork slices for a couple of minutes on each side. Whisk together the soy sauce, ginger and garlic and pour over the pork, cook for another 2 minutes then add the stock. Seal the pressure cooker and cook on the meat setting for 30 minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions and cook your eggs while the pork is cooking.
- Release the pressure on the pork, split the noodles between 2 bowls. Using tongs put some of the pork on top of each lot of noodles (there may be some pork leftover), skim as much fat as you can off the liquid then ladle the rest over the noodles and pork. Top with the sesame seeds, spring onions and coriander along with a boiled egg.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!