This veggie sausage bake is perfect for an easy dinner or filling breakfast. You can prep the potatoes and veggies ahead of time and put in the oven just before serving.
And of course this sausage bake is even better with a fried egg on it 🍳
Have Sausage Bake for Breakfast or Dinner
I served this veggie sausage bake up for an easy dinner on a weeknight. I added a few dollops of yoghurt, plenty of sriracha and a fried egg and it was such a warming and tasty meal.
We’ve being trying out veggie sausages in different recipes from veggie sausage casserole to vegetarian toad in the hole. I’m not super keen on pork sausages anyway so even though we’re not fully vegetarian they’re quite a nice alternative.
This sausage bake is not only delicious for dinner but it’s also wonderful for a make ahead breakfast. You can chop all of the veg ahead of time and then pop everything on a baking sheet and into the oven in the morning.
To make this sausage bake I simply chopped a couple of potatoes, red peppers and red onions and added to a large bowl then I tossed them with a load of spices including cumin, smoked paprika and aleppo chilli flakes.
Then I spread those vegetables out on a baking sheet, topped with vegetarian sausages and baked until the vegetables were softened and the sausages were cooked.
This Sausage Tray Bake Has So Much Flavour
The mix of spices is so delicious and really brings the whole dish to life. Aleppo pepper is one of my all time favourites, it’s a little sweet and smoky and adds an amazing vibrance to dishes.
Veggie Sausage Bake Ingredients:
- Spices: Cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and aleppo pepper all go into making this sausage bake so flavourful. Add leftover aleppo pepper to these chilli prawns and any extra smoked paprika to this Turkish eggs recipe
- Vegetarian Sausages: Use whatever brand you like. You may need to add them into the bake later depending on how long they take to cook
- Vegetables: You can really go for anything here but I like to stick to a base of potatoes because it keeps this to a one pan meal, then I added red pepper and red onion for that added bit of sweetness
- Greek Yoghurt: Dab on top before serving to help cool off those spices
- Chilli Sauce: If desired, I went with sriracha and it was delicious
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Veggie Sausage Bake Instructions:
- Prep the vegetables: Parboil the potatoes, mix together the spices in a bowl and add the potatoes, pepper and onion. Toss thoroughly to coat then spread out on a baking sheet or roasting tin.
- Bake the vegetables: Put the tray in a preheated oven and cook until you need to add the sausages.
- Add the sausages: Add the sausages on top of the vegetables leaving as much time as says on the packet. Return to the oven until ready. Serve with yoghurt and chilli sauce if desired.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £8.49
What vegetables to add to a sausage bake?
I used a mixture of potatoes, peppers and red onions but you could really add any vegetables you like to this sausage tray bake. Sweet potato, broccoli or courgette would all work or really any other vegetables that roast well.
What to serve with sausage tray bake?
We served ours with Greek yoghurt, chilli sauce and a runny fried egg which was really all it needed but you could add a green salad if you prefer.
Expert tips for making this sausage bake:
- You can use pork or vegetarian sausages in this recipe, just adjust the cooking time according to packet instructions
- To make this recipe gluten free just make sure your sausages are gluten free
- To make sure everything is cooked evenly all of the ingredients need to be spread out well so use two trays if needed
Want more? Try these other one pan recipes!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Puttanesca
- One Pot Gnocchi Bake with Tomato & Mozzarella
- One Pan Lemon Pasta
- One Pot Fish Stew with White Beans
- One Pan Couscous & Smashed Tomato Veg
- One Pot Cheese and Tomato Pasta Bake
- Skillet Vegetable Pie with Garlic Butter
Veggie Sausage Bake with Potatoes
- 2 large Potatoes skin on, chopped
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Aleppo Chilli Flakes
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Red Peppers sliced
- 2 Red Onions quartered
- 8 Vegetarian Sausages
- Greek Yoghurt to serve
- Chilli Sauce if desired
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and parboil the potatoes for 5 minutes. Mix together the spices and oil in a large bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Add the sausages, parboiled potatoes, peppers and onion to the bowl and mix everything together so that it's coated in the spices.
- Bake for 20 minutes adding the sausages when the amount of time left is the cooking time on the packet. Serve with yoghurt and chilli sauce and a fried egg if you like.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!