Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This summer orzo salad with roasted vegetables is the perfect thing to take along to your next barbecue. A great mix of tangy capers and sweet roasted veg.
Introducing the perfect summer salad! And yet another vegetarian recipe!
I told you we were into eating veggie at the moment. I guess in part it’s to do with it being summer. The vegetables are just so fresh and delicious at this time of year.
There’s so many ways to prepare them but roasting is one of my favourites because it just brings out all the natural sweetness in the vegetables. Especially things like roasted tomatoes and red onion, yum!
In this summer orzo salad we’ve got aubergine, red peppers, tomatoes, red onion all roasted until super soft and melty then they’re mixed up with a delicious tangy dressing of garlic, vinegar and capers.
It’s all tossed with orzo and makes a super tasty summer dinner or barbecue side dish.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SUMMER ORZO SALAD WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES:
- Red Peppers
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Red Chilli
- Green Olives
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this summer orzo salad…
This would be great to make ahead and take along to a party or just serve when you’ve got guests round.
Alternatively you could make a batch on a Sunday and keep it in the fridge for quick lunches and dinners throughout the week. Yum!
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER ORZO SALAD:
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions.
- Preheat the oven, chop all your veggies and spread them all out on a baking sheet. Add oil and seasonings and roast for 30 minutes.
- Fry the garlic and chilli then add the vinegar, capers, olives and vegetables.
- Mix the orzo with the vegetables in a large bowl and serve topped with parsley.
Get the full printable recipe below!
Make sure you don’t miss all my other pasta recipes!
Keep scrolling to get the recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS ONCE YOU’VE MADE THIS SUMMER ORZO SALAD WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Summer Orzo Salad with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 Aubergine chopped into chunks
- 2 Red Peppers sliced
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Red Onion cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Capers rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic sliced
- 1 Red Chilli finely chopped
- Handful Green Olives chopped or left whole
- Salt and Pepper
- 500 g Orzo cooked according to pack instructions
- Fresh Parsley and Olive Oil to serve
- Start by heating the oven to 200°C. Lay the aubergine, pepper, tomatoes and onion in a single layer on a baking sheet. Mix with the 4 tbsp of oil and a good sprinkling of salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Fry the garlic and chilli in a little more oil over a medium heat until slightly softened. Add the capers, red wine vinegar, olives and roasted vegetables to the pan and mix everything together heating gently through for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the cooked orzo and vegetable mixture together in a large bowl and top with fresh parsley and another drizzle of olive oil if required.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £9.79Was: £14.00
- Price: £10.99Was: £12.95