This harissa halloumi salad is so quick to make and is bursting with healthy ingredients! The salty halloumi is the perfect addition to this vegetarian dish.
So I was thinking it had been a bit too long since I'd last shared any halloumi recipes.
Halloumi is in my top five favourite foods and it's a great addition to all kinds of dishes, if you haven't tried it yet then you need to get your hands on some ASAP, trust me, you won't regret it.
This here salad is so easy to make. We had it for the first time a few weeks ago when we got home from a run. Now that we've started training for a half marathon we're having to go for runs when I get home from work, something which I really don't love.
Once we get back I want dinner ready basically immediately so that I can sit down and start working on the blog until bedtime. Such a fun life I lead!
So this harissa halloumi salad was one of those throw together things once we were back from the run. Couscous is always a winner since it's so speedy and doesn't even involve any saucepans and flames (loooove).
So all the cooking that needs doing is throwing the aubergine in the oven for 20 minutes, a quick fry of the vegetables followed by a fry of the halloumi. Whip up a quick dressing and throw everything together. The perfect post run dinner. Or just the perfect post work dinner. Or post anything dinner.
Ingredients you need to make this harissa halloumi salad with couscous:
- Olive Oil
- Aubergine (Eggplant)
- Orange Pepper
- Red Onion
- Harissa Paste
- White Wine Vinegar
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for harissa halloumi salad with couscous...
If you're as in love with halloumi as I am then you need to head over to my complete guide to How to Cook Halloumi! It's got tips on how to grill, bake and fry it as well as plenty of recipes to try out and even some fun little facts about everyone's favourite cheese 🧀
P.S. If you love halloumi as much as I do then find loads more halloumi recipes here!
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE HARISSA HALLOUMI SALAD WITH COUSCOUS?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Harissa Halloumi Salad with Couscous
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Aubergine chopped
- 200 g Halloumi sliced
- 1 Orange Pepper sliced
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 240 g Couscous
- 100 g Spinach
- 3 Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoon Harissa Paste
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- Place the aubergine on a baking tray with a tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Cook at 200°C for 20 minutes. Meanwhile place the couscous in a large bowl with 400ml of boiling water. Cover the bowl with a clean towel.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil over a medium heat in a frying pan. Add the yellow pepper and red onion with a pinch of salt. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and place in the bowl with the couscous. Return the pan to the heat and fry the halloumi until browned on both sides, adding more oil if necessary.
- To make the dressing mix together the harissa paste, vinegar, olive oil and sugar. Set aside. To finish assembling the salad add the aubergine, spinach, tomatoes and halloumi to the vegetables and couscous then toss with the dressing.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
[amazon_link asins='B003ASATPA,B0001IX3KU,B000KG8GVE' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='648e39f5-3d84-11e8-9edc-b7cc0d011f13']